Gaming Discussions

Grand Theft Auto Tried uninstalling GTAV, not the steam kind and accidentally deleted all data... ??

Submitted by Orchidarch, , Thread ID: 134453

Thread Closed
20-06-2019, 07:15 AM
So I was trying to free up space as I had only around 22GB left, so I turned to GTAV. I clicked to uninstall it and for whatever reason, the developers of the buttons decided switching them up was the best idea. So Yes was on the left while No was on the right, to say the least, I fell for this trick and deleted all of my data, over GTA$100 million lost. Many expensive vehicles lost, and most importantly the fact that I spent some $ on the game has now also gone down the drain... The thing is, I clicked cancel at the last second but still got the success message. If I didn't save my data, is there any way of getting it back or am I just going to have to abandon GTAV as a whole? (Not saying I couldn't just start again but things like this give me game PTSD and I would shiver at the thought of playing it again)

RE: Tried uninstalling GTAV, not the steam kind and accidentally deleted all data... ??

As long as it's not cracked and you remember your account, you should be at a solid state. If it was on single player, then yeah man, idk. You might as well have to mod SP to get your stuff back, but for multiplayer, you can definitely get it all back since it's all stored on a cloud storage.