Gaming Discussions

PC Discord in todays society.

Submitted by toxicdorito, , Thread ID: 134711

Thread Closed
23-06-2019, 12:31 AM
Let`s speak about Discord.

As a long time user of Teamspeak, Skype, and even the Yahoo messenger back when it was the thing... I remember having two or three applications running just to speak with friends. I would get up in the morning and start up Teamspeak. Once my friends got online they wanted to video chat, so we ran Skype in the background so that we could video chat at the same time as speaking to all of our friends.
Then when you wanted to show someone something, you had to open up the TeamViewer meeting. By the end of the night, I would have 30-40 programs running just so I could do everything I wanted. Somewhere in there steam showed up and made basically the PC platform for games.

Nowadays, I log in to Discord and do everything! From screen sharing in a full public lobby to allowing customers to join my Discord and purchase from me! Discord is truly taking over the game. They are slowly adding this new subscribe system like twitch, as they also build a game store just like steam! (Even integrating it with steam too) The fact that I can go enjoy a nice screen share while I build a customers website and can answer tickets, sell, and have fun all in one system. If I decide to play a game or stream, everyone can see me and join off of me.
Over that past 3-4 years, Discord has really overdone it. Not to mention they provide for charity, bring the community together, and have fun while doing it!

This being said, what do you guys think about the progress of Discord and the future of their monstrous creation. (This is not against them, I'm basically saying they are making a big jump.) If anyone needs me, just shoot me a DM!

RE: Discord in todays society.

Yeah, Discord is becoming a superior choice to all messengers. I only hope no one will buy them, as Google bought YouTube one time.

Although discord looks like a privacy hazard. I still have to say that I love it. They somehow took Skype, which was a monster of an application at the time, and found out how to his that normie market.
I honestly love how big discords gotten because now I can open it up in public and not look like a complete nonce

[Image: Yp8ZHSk.gif]

27-06-2019, 01:28 PM
Zenith Wrote:
Although discord looks like a privacy hazard....

What do you mean by "privacy hazard"?

all the way love discord i just use it to chat with friends in game etc... if need more privacy then i use other program Smile

honestly in 2019 i have no idea of any other chat client period that rivals discord, except for maybe telegram for simpler stuff/encrypt.

Eres un crack tio que mquina, sigue asi y no pares madremia que servidor mas chulo te lo mereces todo crack fav, por todo leyenda que fiera eres madremia tio, no se que mas poner salu2 jsjs me encanta todo esto que crack chulisimo hermano... Mola mucho los games asi tio

I think Discord had a easy way, because skype is really outdated and it was a matter of time to completly replace it.