Garry's Mod

Why DarkRP & Starwars/Halo the only ones that seem to have a thriving community left

Submitted by nullyeetzden, , Thread ID: 136097

Thread Closed
Why are RP gamemodes dying/disappearing?
Community isn't appreciating/rewarding custom content enough and many servers w/ custom content are awful w/ drama. Stick to same ol' same ol'.
50.00%
Votes:
% of votes:
50.00%
The whole game is dying. DUH! It's old, dummy!
25.00%
Votes:
% of votes:
25.00%
DarkRP was always the best gamemode anyways, others became obsolete.
25.00%
Votes:
% of votes:
25.00%
You have already voted. Click on the dropdown to undo your vote.
06-07-2019, 09:20 AM
What is your take on the current situation of the game? Specifically, the game server list. It's not awful, but it's easy to notice options thinning.
Iis DarkRP the only normal RP gamemode that still seems to have a thriving community left? (no matter how toxic, massive by comparison.)
Why's DarkRP & Starwars/Halo the only one that seem have a thriving community left?
Don't get me wrong, I love all of these gamemodes... But I miss some of the ones that have disappeared from the server list. Aside from DarkRP,StarWarsRP, HaloRP and maybe even SCP-RP, all RP servers are non-existent or a ghost town.
I'm asking you why you seem to think the most direct reason for that would be? Open for discussion. Maybe we can fix the problem if we know it. Maybe we need to embrace new gamemodes as a community and share them when they have rewarding custom content.
Lord knows we're lacking a lot of that these days.

Don't believe me? Go here at anytime and tell me what you mostly see...... not just the DarkRP, you see the same 3-4 gamemodes repeating.
https://www.gametracker.com/search/garrysmod/

RE: Why DarkRP & Starwars/Halo the only ones that seem to have a thriving community left

This post was last modified: 06-07-2019, 11:21 PM by ChairmanVitorHL
Well, in my opinion this effect have 3 major causes.

first:

Gmod is a bit old game, the source engine provides a too oldated gameplay and graphics, the maps are smalls and with heavy limitations and the game is too unstable... So the majority of the players who actually started to play gmod thanks for some youtube videos from 2013-2014 droped after some months of gameplay... gradually theres less and less active players in general...

Second:

The multiplayer community can be a bit cancerous... as you said in the options, some big servers with custom contents are full of drama... and some of then provides a too monetized gameplay... this is a bit toxic for the players, so it gradually kills the multiplayer.

Third (The biggest one):

THE SERVER LIST, dammit i just hate this server list, showing the gamemodes with more players kills smaller gamemodes... since they implemented this crap the "big four" (DarkRP, TTT, Muder and Sandbox) completely dominated the gamemodes lists...
[Image: red_army_march__2000__s_gif_by_tiepilot789-d4nycqk.gif]

RE: Why DarkRP & Starwars/Halo the only ones that seem to have a thriving community left

Garry's mod community is still growing, Well, in my opinion this effect have 3 major causes. Third (The biggest one):

I believe that because of the many youtubers that promote cheats games got corrupted all the interest in acting out RP. I know a lot of projects that were closed due to the fact that they simply did not have enough players who could play their role. It is a pity that this situation is happening to this day

Garry's mod community is still growing, Well, in my opinion this effect have 3 major causes. Third (The biggest one):

Je vous conseil le gamemode DARKRP car vous aurez plus de nouveaut, nouvelles choses, car le gamemode scp ou autres sont plus a jour depuis 2 ans...