Garry's Mod

What happened to "Garry's Mod 2"?

Submitted by abysswatcher1, , Thread ID: 156313

Thread Closed
23-01-2020, 10:59 PM
This post was last modified: 23-01-2020, 10:59 PM by abysswatcher1
I've heard that Garry is working on a proyect to play Garry's Mod with Unreal Engine.
What happened? Is it still in development?

RE: What happened to "Garry's Mod 2"?

What? Never heard of it. That was probably fan-made anyway. Valve has their own engine called Source and Source 2. If there was ever a GMOD 2 it would be on Source 2. But I don't see GMOD 2 in the future at all.
I don't know why
I don't know when
But I know for a fact
Ducks are superior

It is not called Garry's Mod 2. It is called S&BOX and is actually still in development, you can see the progress from someone called Crayz on YouTube.

OP
25-01-2020, 03:36 PM
Falcoph Wrote:
It is not called Garry's Mod 2. It is called S&BOX and is actually still in development, you can see the progress from someone called Crayz on YouTube.
Oh, thanks, I didn't know about that, I thought that Garry was developing Garry's Mod with a new engine, guess I heard wrong

Is there even going to be a garrysmod 2 coming out? if so what would even happen to the servers that are on the other one?

I dont think it will come close to the gmod we know.
DONT BE A LEECHER - SAY THANK YOU!

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10075233]

From what I've seen on S&BOX, I don't think it's a successor to Gmod. Same foundation, probably the same community, but the game looks like a Hello Neighbour-ish, child-like, toy town Gmod.

Imagine if a Garrys Mod 2 was released xD, All i know is garry newman is currently helping helk with his game Rust

Garry Newman halted development of S&Box (Garry's Mod 2) back in 2017 I think and its development will resume in 2020 this year.

I don't think any of you have a single clue what you're talking about...
https://sandbox.facepunch.com/commits/1