Garry's Mod

Increase FPS?

Submitted by OldFrenchSire_, , Thread ID: 159509

Thread Closed
22-02-2020, 03:12 AM
Hello Does Anyone Know how to increase FPS on gmod. I have a decent pc and my fps is shit on some servers anyone have any recommendations to help me out.
Thanks - OldFrenchSire.

RE: Increase FPS?

22-02-2020, 03:12 AM
OldFrenchSire_ Wrote:
Hello Does Anyone Know how to increase FPS on gmod. I have a decent pc and my fps is shit on some servers anyone have any recommendations to help me out.
Thanks - OldFrenchSire.
I think there are a few addons that does this

gmod_mcore_test 1 should do it. It will enable Multicore rendering for your game but it doesnt work on Laptops as far as I'm aware.

OP
22-02-2020, 02:16 PM
JohannesNeo Wrote:
gmod_mcore_test 1 should do it. It will enable Multicore rendering for your game but it doesnt work on Laptops as far as I'm aware.
i have that enabled thanks to Aeros multicore rendering and it doesnt fix it

You need only console commands optimization? Or custom lua scripts?

You should activate multi core rendering in the game settings or just watch a tutorial about it.
"Take the fists out of your hand" - Basti

22-02-2020, 09:55 PM
AlternativeGM Wrote:
You need only console commands optimization? Or custom lua scripts?

If you google it then you get many different results like console commands to optimize the FPS.

This post was last modified: 22-02-2020, 11:33 PM by AlternativeGM
r_3dsky 0
Command is down skybox on map and give you 10-15 fps.

22-02-2020, 11:23 PM
JohannesNeo Wrote:
If you google it then you get many different results like console commands to optimize the FPS.

I mean, do the themes author need the commands for the game client or scripts for the server.

No wonder why gmod runs like shit for me I have a laptop bruh I need to switch asap

Well you should check now as they released a patch which improved theoptimalization