Garry's Mod

Where is the gmod 2 update?

Submitted by jenkens9002, , Thread ID: 161019

Thread Closed
04-03-2020, 08:37 AM
I thought they were working on a sequal to this game? Gmod 2? That would be awesome

RE: Where is the gmod 2 update?

We were never getting a sequel. They're making a new separate game called S&box however it's essentially just Gmod on Unreal Engine 4.

Yeah, they aren't making gmod 2. S&Box is supposed to be a lot better looking and run a lot better though. On top of that we'll be able to use C# and hot-loading is enabled, so I think it will be pretty good and a decent upgrade. On the down-side, the release will most likely kill gmod completely. I suppose it has been 15 years though, however who knows what the better choice is, I think if the new game is truly a lot better, then it should be an easy decision to go for it. If it is going to be a bad game, then most likely it won't even be worth going for. However, I can't tell and we'll have to wait for the actual developers to make their decision, but as of now it looks like its happening, just nobody is sure of when.

On top of that we'll be able to use C# and hot-loading is enabled, so I think it will be pretty good and a decent upgrade. On the down-side, the release will most likely kill gmod completely.

If you can't wait for S&box there's always Unreal Sandbox; it's pretty much the same thing in terms of concept,
it looks promising so far but I would wait until it releases to judge it fully.
Meow, it's purr-sonal!

I dont think Gmod 2 is coming out, Facepunch said they were working on it but its been many years and I dont think they have actually done anything.

Gmod 2 would never happen sadly, but theres always a chance in the future xd

I'm worried that gmod 2 will be unrealistic on the engine

in the incentive unrealsandbox comes out maybe it's gmod2

They are working on something called S&Box, but it will be a few years probably before they release it.