Garry's Mod

Favorite addons

Submitted by ThatGuyXander, , Thread ID: 165713

Thread Closed
05-04-2020, 07:02 AM
What is your favorite addons and why? Mine is rapePack, because it adds crimes to DarkRP servers.

RE: Favorite addons

I don't have an unique favorite addon but I think VcMod is essential for a DarkRP... But there are so many good addons

Simfphys and LFS bases. Both made by a talented developer that give new options for both ground and air vehicles.

I've been creating vehicle mods for both these bases (not dupes lmao) for a long while now and I can say I prefer this so much more than the wacky physics that are found with normal Source Engine vehicles and SCars. WAC aircraft is pretty decent as well but I like the simplicity of LFS a lot too.

I wouldn't have 3k+ hours logged in gmod if it weren't for those two addons Tongue

06-04-2020, 03:50 AM
Redstone Wrote:
Simfphys and LFS bases. Both made by a talented developer that give new options for both ground and air vehicles.

I've been creating vehicle mods for both these bases (not dupes lmao) for a long while now and I can say I prefer this so much more than the wacky physics that are found with normal Source Engine vehicles and SCars. WAC aircraft is pretty decent as well but I like the simplicity of LFS a lot too.

I wouldn't have 3k+ hours logged in gmod if it weren't for those two addons Tongue
That's pretty cool, is it difficult creating vehicles?
And, CW 2.0 would be my favorite.

06-04-2020, 04:33 AM
YeooJohnny Wrote:
That's pretty cool, is it difficult creating vehicles?
And, CW 2.0 would be my favorite.

It isn't tooo difficult. It more depends on how long you have spent making mods like that. With Simfphys you can create vehicles pretty quickly just by copying another vehicles spawnlist file and changing the spawnlist name, model, and wheel model(s) as well as some positions for lights and exhaust/engine/seats ect.

You can also create a normal source engine vehicle and use that model with Simfphys Lua Base. Requires some extra QC and rigging knowledge as well as animating each wheel properly but it can give a nice suspension effect. I redo the spawnlist from scratch though and put a lot of time into tuning the vehicles as well as porting sounds for it.
Most of the vehicles I make have special abilities like jump, missles, boost, parachute, and just some extra fancy things that most Simfphys vehicles do not have. I even attempted to code a flying car but had to put it on hold due to time constraints.

I put a lot of time into stupid stuff like that. Its fun for me. It is easy to get into but so much more is possible if you put time into testing and experimenting with stuff.

Best addon is Gmod Legs 3. It's very simle and classic. You can download clear Gmod and this addon. It will be awesome :D

Unfortunately, I do not have one. Extras as extras Tongue

My fav is zerochains weed system its just so well made and really nice to roleplay with

This post was last modified: 23-04-2020, 12:30 PM by George3st
ThatGuyXander Wrote:
What is your favorite addons and why? Mine is rapePack, because it adds crimes to DarkRP servers.
My fav is VCmod cuz it is supported by many cars and combines in itself simfphys and photon

ThatGuyXander Wrote:
What a rapePack? I can't find this in workshop

Mine's m9k. I like to kill my friends, but not in the game, but in real life.