The Lounge

Clockwork or nulscript?

Submitted by FranekZap, , Thread ID: 168221

Thread Closed
21-04-2020, 08:39 AM
Clockwork or nulscript?
i LOVE GARRYS MOD WHAT SYSTEM IS BETTER?

RE: Clockwork or nulscript?

None of them either make your own gamemode or use darkrp they both suck in their own ways

They both suck, tbh. Its weird how they work. Like legit. BRUH

I choose the null version, but you should always check its cleanliness in the source code :blobthink:

Each framework has it cons and pros. Also depends on which roleplay you going to do.

21-04-2020, 09:07 PM
WittiJ1 Wrote:
None of them either make your own gamemode or use darkrp they both suck in their own ways

To create own gamemode it takes a huge amount of time if you working on it alone, besides you need know very good LUA scripting and know where to find Gmod code lines (atleast finding part easy).

Nutscript as framework has also and framework built-ins like nowadays recent servers using Helix it changes nutscript environment in good way. Besides you can easily find tutorials how to do things. But personally i don't like nutscript because of its environment and code layout, not very organized in script side.

Clockwork is pure LUA scripting very attached to Gmod's codebase, you can easily learn by looking at given code templates or pre-made item script codelines. Very organized from script and plugin side. But sometimes can make unknown bugs so all framework is very sensitive and all files are bonded in framework. One error in code even missed ';' or ')' can cause major errors.