Garry's Mod Leaks

Backdoors ?

Submitted by Zenoxx, , Thread ID: 171840

Thread Closed
15-05-2020, 06:39 AM
So Im quite new to leaked addons I just wanted to know what backdoors are and why people mention them so often.

RE: Backdoors ?

This post was last modified: 15-05-2020, 06:46 AM by meeko5
backdoors are things that leakers who want to ruin your server put in to their leaked addons. basically, it can give the leaker a certain permission like giving them superadmin when they join the server. you can find these backdoors in lua files inside of the addon, so its always best for checking for them in leaked addons before putting them into your server. you can usually find these backdoors in the form of steam ids or where it mentions superadmin. thats pretty much all i know, other people can elaborate on this and fix it a lot.

Backdoor is a hole in one program or another, due to it you can either put a server or access files or other things

Hey! Backdoors are a string of code added to a script. It shouldn't stop the script from actually working at all. All it should do is open an exploit to a person for them to gain some sort of access to your server. In most cases it gives people access to Superadmin and then can easily grief your server through this. If you learn some simple GLua you can easily identify odd strings of code in scripts that you download and proceed to remove and patch the script.

If you need any help- feel free to contact me.
[Image: Frame-1.png]

15-05-2020, 10:10 PM
Dr_Hsan Wrote:
So, now i know how to remove that backdoor from these stupids addons
Yeh, just look for code like this RunString, Local = _G, Local AE

Backdoor is biggest problem of our programms,If they hadnt broken anything...

15-05-2020, 10:10 PM
Dr_Hsan Wrote:
So, now i know how to remove that backdoor from these stupids addons

16-05-2020, 02:55 AM
JimmyBobbin65 Wrote:
Yeh, just look for code like this RunString, Local = _G, Local AE

not to advertise but i have a python script to search for these automatically. if you have credits check out my topic, but if you don't feel free to PM me and ill slide you the script

If you use crident networkds 24hour trial server you can find potential backdoors, although it can put out false positives.

backdoors look like this...

[Image: 4i5jiLK.png]

lmao..
home of the url

31-05-2020, 03:54 PM
Venzerga Wrote:
What is that spose to mean?

means this

home of the url