Gaming Discussions

The Weirdest Games you've played

Submitted by Almost Human, , Thread ID: 172314

Thread Closed
18-05-2020, 08:30 PM
Lots of games have weird moments; Silent Hill has it's dog and UFO endings, Resident Evil6lets you take time out to play on a playground, newer pokemon games love dead ghost children...

But what about games that are start to finish just super weird?
I've decided, for no particular reason, to share some of my favouritesthat are just that; pure, unfiltered weird.

Yume Nikki: If you like your weird to also give you feels, Yume Nikki is the way to go. You take control of a young woman who can only play video games and sleep (a familiar routine for some of us) and it's in her dreams that the bulk of the game takes place. You wordlessly explore surreal landscapes and collect weird and mostly useless power-ups while mostly just taking in the scenery and atmosphere around you. The story or context that unfolds is left highly up to interpretation, but needless to say almost all theories on the game's deeper lore is pretty dark.

Off: Imagine if Joan of Arc was a baseball player and you were god commanding them around on their holy mission, but that mission was to purify the land by beating up ghosts so that people could have smoke to breath and cows to harvest for their precious metals.
And that's before things get reallyweird.

Space Funeral: Your walk cycle has you perpetually crying your way through a corrupted land, distracting sharks with magic eye pictures and casually chatting with chill Dracula. It's easy to get lost in the weirdness of it all, but thankfully your strange partner Leg Horse pushes you ever forward to seek out of the source of the corruption and make things right.

Crypt Worlds: You see a hole in the ground, in it is one of the fabled Gold Bugs that the depressed talking tv screen told you about. How do you get it out though? Obviously you pee in the whole until it floats to the surface. Don't worry though, you can refill your "piss meter" at MarcDonalds, and you'll need it if you want to appease the horse goddess who plays her music too loud at night and annoys all her neighbors.

You guys have any favourites or recommends?

RE: The Weirdest Games you've played

Well most weird game that i played is problably Radiator 2 It was kinda brainfucking game. You were a guy who is gay it was you know weird

OP
What kind genre of game is it? I'm working so I can only kinda glance at the search results but I can't imagine what kind of gameplay is involved in something about "male sexuality, punishing, eating, and driving."

Probably the tea party simulator haha. It was quite funny tho. Also challenging as hell, especially in third chapter.