7 Billion humans,
Hello Neighbor,
World of Goo,
Papers Please.

A Really nice games.

RE: best indie games?

17-05-2020, 10:43 PM
dandy Wrote:
The binding of isaac is amazing! looks really plain when you first look at it, but it's endless fun!

I love the darkness of binding of issac but it's one of those ones that just destroy me in terms of RNG. I do love watching others play it online though and can see how strategy can break through a streak of bad luck.
Have you played Legend of Bumbo? It plays completely different but has that same style and humour.

Also if you like the kind of randomized old zelda dungeon crawling "Moonlighter" is really good for that too and since you can get armour and stuff it's a little less dependent on how the dice fall and it's got a semi-interesting item shop section that breaks up the gameplay in an interesting way.
Also the style is gorgeous.

17-05-2020, 10:54 PM
AlmostHuman Wrote:
I love the darkness of binding of issac but it's one of those ones that just destroy me in terms of RNG. I do love watching others play it online though and can see how strategy can break through a streak of bad luck.
Have you played Legend of Bumbo? It plays completely different but has that same style and humour.

Also if you like the kind of randomized old zelda dungeon crawling "Moonlighter" is really good for that too and since you can get armour and stuff it's a little less dependent on how the dice fall and it's got a semi-interesting item shop section that breaks up the gameplay in an interesting way.
Also the style is gorgeous.

Yea the RNG part is kind of there, as with almost any game nowadays you can mod the shit out of it, Binding of Isaac is not an expection to this!

never heard of Legend of Bumbo, just looked it up real quickly, looks intresting! might give it a try sometime soon!

17-05-2020, 10:58 PM
dandy Wrote:
Yea the RNG part is kind of there, as with almost any game nowadays you can mod the shit out of it, Binding of Isaac is not an expection to this!

never heard of Legend of Bumbo, just looked it up real quickly, looks intresting! might give it a try sometime soon!

You have a good point about modding, I tend to forget that's an option for things either than just aesthetics(I usually end up downloading mods for games like New Vegas or Stardew Valley after I've played through the main story at least once, using them to jazz up the scenery a bit or make everyone wear funny hats).

I don't think Bumbo caught on like Issac did so I'm not surprised if you haven't given it a go, but I kind of wish it had gotten as big. I love that the team was willing to continue the spirit and style of Issac while not being afraid to apply it to radically different game play. It's that kind of willingness to takecreative risks that keeps games weird, fresh and fun.

I just think, life is strange for me is the best indie game.
[Image: 76561198135017091.png][Image: AddFriend.png]

Outer Wilds. By, freaking, far. That game is so perfect in every single way, i couldn't even tell you how many times i've played it just for that story. I really hope they make another one soon.

my favorite indie game is star fetchers, it has the best soundtrack of any game imo

posty tope i think its the best game in this indies games.

20-05-2020, 06:33 AM
cherry_juice Wrote:
I just think, life is strange for me is the best indie game.

I couldn't get into Life is Strange, it just felt super boring to me and very unrelatable.
Please don't think I'm responding to fight or put you down though, I legit want to know what about it you like to hopefully get an understanding of its appeal for myself.
So, what do you like about Life is Strange, if I may ask?

from sandbox just for me - Stormworks: Build and Rescue, a lot of mechanisms for the implementation of fantasies in technology.