Gaming Discussions

What do you think about GTA V being free on epic games?

Submitted by reniton, , Thread ID: 172976

Thread Closed
24-05-2020, 08:34 PM
This post was last modified: 24-05-2020, 08:34 PM by reniton
Warned
Hey all.
What do you think about gta v being free?
Should we be concerned about more cheaters going on our way?
Or should we be pleased because more people are going to join multiplayer? What are your thoughts?

In my opinion, gta v being free is a great thing (I didnt buy it and used the opportunity to download it for free). Because people that does not have enough money to play this amazing game now finally has the chance. Another advantage is that a lot of servers are going to be more popular and might get contributors.

RE: What do you think about GTA V being free on epic games?

Do not know, but both the good and the bad sides you pointed out are good arguments. I thought about getting it for free now, and I realized i was too late which is really sad. I mean, i probably was not gonna play it a lot anyway. I think making a 30-60$ game free is a very interesting move and could push some hackers, but since it was there for a limited time only, most people will just be happy they got it for free and will not hack.

Its a smart move from Rockstar Games, because GTA V doesn't make that much revenue in 2020, the probably will come up with GTA VI or something to balance the revenue. I literally play only GTA V on custom servers.

As a player that actively cheats on GTA V (only money rank etc), it makes it a hell of a lot easier for me to act like a skid and not fear account bans should I want to. Maybe not the best idea in terms of cheaters but good for the player population overall.

GTA hackers are way to prevalent, this has just allowed them to hack and if they get banned there is 0 consequence. I don't have an issue with hackers but i think this was rather silly from rockstar

I think it's fine, this is how you build hype for your game years after you've released it anyway. A lot of people are not happy that it's on the Epic Game Store, though. Who cares, their loss.
yeah

This post was last modified: 25-05-2020, 03:01 PM by Rosinantee
In my opinion, making it free did really give the opportunity to people who can't afford it, to play it, just like me. but as you said some people may get it for bad usage.

Its bullshit. I payed for it before. Why shouldn't others. Its not like the game died. It still has hella active players.

Do not know, but both the good and the bad sides you pointed out are good arguments. I thought about getting it for free now, and I realized i was too late which is really sad. I mean, i probably was not gonna play it a lot anyway. I think making a 30-60$ game free is a very interesting move and could push some hackers, but since it was there for a limited time only, most people will just be happy they got it for free and will not hack.

Making it free only sucks for those who paid the full retail price for it, but that was a LONG time ago. Another downer is that it will allow for more toxic players, but on the other hand, this will allow the Rockstar team to further improve the game's security with a new knowledge going into the next potential game. Other than that, fantastic stuff.
[Image: b4BGseO.jpg]