Gaming Discussions

PC Which Skyrim is better to play mods with?

Submitted by Ravn, , Thread ID: 174128

Thread Closed
09-06-2020, 03:34 PM
Hi! I heard from a youtuber that it gives problems between mods on the two different Skyrims (Legendary and Special Edition). But i forgot the youtuber and which Skyrim he mentioned. Probably one of you Guys or Girls now which one is better to play with mods?

RE: Which Skyrim is better to play mods with?

uhh i like both of them tbh. i see a lot of people playing the new version more just because there's a lot of improvements.
home of the url

09-06-2020, 03:34 PM
Ravn Wrote:
Hi! I heard from a youtuber that it gives problems between mods on the two different Skyrims (Legendary and Special Edition). But i forgot the youtuber and which Skyrim he mentioned. Probably one of you Guys or Girls now which one is better to play with mods?

Both versions work with mods.

Personally, I recommend using the latest version (SE) as most of the existing mods were updated to work with it and all of the new mods are more than likely to be coded strictly for it.

Skyrim is a great game, but when I played it on pc it had a lot of bugs in the beginning

Not sure if you're still looking, but Skyrim Legendary + USLEEP (Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch) and SKSE is recommended over SE. Also, use mod organiser 2 for easy installation and playing experience.

Id say go with SE. Its got a lot of improvements and Ive found it runs better with mods than LE. Theres some LE mods that never made the transfer to SE, but a lot of the really popular ones have. Unless theres some mod you cant play without, SE > LE.

mod overhaul, i thing its better for skyrim, and big size mod

A year ago I'd been saying Skyrim LE but today it's definitely SE. I'm playing with a couple of hundreds of mods installed without any stability issues which I never achieved with LE.

SE should make it easier to play with big/many mods (i.e. SE is 64 bit, while you needed mod to make LE 64)

I think most people play/mod SSE but there is plenty of SE mods that never have or will get ported to SSE. So SE if you mod like "one and done" but SSE if you're constantly changing your mod list.