What's the last book you read?

Submitted by Deadboy, , Thread ID: 72436

Thread Closed

RE: What's the last book you read?

rask4p
Level:
Credits:
26-08-2020, 04:10 PM
Just finished some Neil Gaiman novels and started Blood Meridian. Blood Meridian is very very heavy, lots of violence set in 1850 and it tries to be very realistic to the period.

TekMan128
Level:
Credits:
27-08-2020, 02:00 PM
This post was last modified: 27-08-2020, 02:00 PM by TekMan128
Hear The Wind Sing by Murakami, I'm currently reading Pinball, by the same

asupreme1337
Level:
Credits:
27-08-2020, 04:58 PM
As strange as it sounds, I don't read books, but messengers, watch videos or something like that

AlexSMF
Level:
Credits:
30-08-2020, 02:40 AM
i was reading "Iracema". it's a traditional brazilian book

matical
Level:
Credits:
30-08-2020, 05:31 AM
The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone, Definitely a great one and will recommend.

Dendris17
Level:
Credits:
30-08-2020, 07:19 PM
I read "The Yellow Wallpaper" by Charlotte Perkins Gilman. A really good thriller short story.

loopinitcrypt
Level:
Credits:
31-08-2020, 04:39 AM
I revisited the seventh tower series by Garth Nix. I read it in primary school and remember it being amazing but forgot it all. It's high fantasy and by that I mean a highly imaginativeworld building series. Highly recommended. If you know any that might be of a similar style let me know.

JackieWeiss
Novice
Level:
Credits:
31-08-2020, 03:42 PM
I read 1984 and A brave new world. I can really recommend these books to anyone who likes the topic of a dystopian world or who want to read about the potential dangers of surveillance and ruthless companies that want to make money by any means possible.

Notfignewter
Level:
Credits:
31-08-2020, 04:22 PM
I recently got my hands on the full set of Percy Jackson books, Im about half way through the first one. Before that though I didnt have time to read anything other than my college textbooks haha

othmane_g
Level:
Credits:
09-09-2020, 02:59 PM
The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life Mark Manson.
I highly recommend it!Here you are a summary :

In this generation-defining self-help guide, a superstar blogger cuts through the crap to show us how to stop trying to be "positive" all the time so that we can truly become better, happier people.

For decades, weve been told that positive thinking is the key to a happy, rich life. "F**k positivity," Mark Manson says. "Lets be honest, shit is f**ked and we have to live with it." In his wildly popular Internet blog, Manson doesnt sugarcoat or equivocate. He tells it like it isa dose of raw, refreshing, honest truth that is sorely lacking today. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F**k is his antidote to the coddling, lets-all-feel-good mindset that has infected American society and spoiled a generation, rewarding them with gold medals just for showing up.

Manson makes the argument, backed both by academic research and well-timed poop jokes, that improving our lives hinges not on our ability to turn lemons into lemonade, but on learning to stomach lemons better. Human beings are flawed and limited"not everybody can be extraordinary, there are winners and losers in society, and some of it is not fair or your fault." Manson advises us to get to know our limitations and accept them. Once we embrace our fears, faults, and uncertainties, once we stop running and avoiding and start confronting painful truths, we can begin to find the courage, perseverance, honesty, responsibility, curiosity, and forgiveness we seek.

There are only so many things we can give a f**k about so we need to figure out which ones really matter, Manson makes clear. While money is nice, caring about what you do with your life is better, because true wealth is about experience. A much-needed grab-you-by-the-shoulders-and-look-you-in-the-eye moment of real-talk, filled with entertaining stories and profane, ruthless humor, The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F**k is a refreshing slap for a generation to help them lead contented, grounded lives.