Gaming Discussions

Favorite/Scariest Horror Games

Submitted by HypnospaceHyena, , Thread ID: 179540

Thread Closed
25-08-2020, 12:11 AM
I love horror games, and I wanted to see if anyone had any favorites they wanted to share. Silent Hill 1 - 3 are fantastic (but I haven't played anything past those), and I'm really interested in a newer game called Song of Horror. I hear some of the game play mechanics are dreadful, but it looks so scary and creepy!

RE: Favorite/Scariest Horror Games

The Forest for me. I'm not a fan of the supernatural stuff...

VR Chat has a horror/puzzle game world called The Devouring and it's my favorite "horror" world so far. I don't really find it scary, but the map is quite large and the gameplay lasts for a good 5-7 hours. The puzzles require some thought so you won't feel like you're forced to do a bunch of tedious tasks, but not pulling at your hair to get some answers. Overall, I give a 6.5/10 for scare, 9/10 for gameplay, and 8/10 for the adventure.

Also agree. Silent Hill games are amazing. Also rate Bioshock as a nice little horroresque game to play.

Silent Hill 2 is hands down the scariest game of all time. Fatal Frame is also a niche Japanese theme jumpscare-athon.

Dead Space 1 and 2, Bioshock though I don't really consider it scary personally, and also Subnautica because I am terrified of the ocean haha.

the first oultast is the best for me, far better than the 2

Silent hill games, the atmosphere has never rally been matched for me

I dont know if youd consider Bioshock a horror game but that first game was amazing , the story was great and the General atmosphere of the game was great.

My favorite Horror Games are Slender and Dead By Daylight(if you even count that as a horror game).