Gaming Discussions

Is Squad worth buying?

Submitted by MaxKing, , Thread ID: 181808

Thread Closed
26-09-2020, 10:45 AM
Saw that Squad came out of early access and it looks alright but not sure if it's worth buying.

RE: Is Squad worth buying?

This post was last modified: 26-09-2020, 12:17 PM by nem4nem
Squad is amazing. Been playing it as well as Post Scriptum which is based off squad but set in WW2. Don't expect Battlefield or CoD. Squad is smack in the middle between Arma and Battlefield. It is tactical and team based but not slow and burdensome with technical details like Arma. Team work is a must but it still ends up being filled with fun moments and memes.

Some tips would be to NOT Squad Lead until you have many hours under your belt and understand all the mechanics. Take up rifleman or medic, learn the ropes, go through the tutorial. The community is great especially now with new players coming in. Ask for help and your SL will take care of you.

Once you are comfortable enough, try out SL. It's some of the most fun you'll have if you like FPS with tactics. Break up your team into fire teams and set up attacks or defense, join other squads in coordination with your commander to make giant assaults.

It's a blast.

Btw, if squad is a little intimidating, start with Post Scriptum. It's essentially the same thing but more black and white since it's WW2. You don't have to worry about A-10 gun runs or how to use a TOW missle. Post Scriptum is CoD or MoH but tactical.

Enjoy!

Yes get it, but understand what you are getting.

note - Your SL will make or break your experience of the game. Understand some SL's are firm like -"Hey ___ stay with the squad or you'll be kicked". This is necessary. Don't take it personally. But also understand that there are some power hungry and ego driven SL's as well. When you encounter those, just switch squads or join a different server. A good SL will make your experience, and a bad one will break it.

This game is a middle between "Arma" and "Rising storm". This game need to play with friends or clan mates, with who you can co-operate.

Me and my friend played it for a bit (him much more than me) and he enjoyed it a lot, the gunplay is good and the sound design is also really good. In my personal experience though I think it's a little bit slow as you have to move across a giant map to the point (though you can choose where to spawn; only at locations that have been specially marked by players in that area and the starting spawn area). I also died a lot

Squad is amazing for it's price. Just from how realistic it is to having a great time with your mates.