Anime and Manga

Anime Recommendations

Submitted by Guts, , Thread ID: 71444

RE: Anime Recommendations

vetboy97
Level:
Credits:
01-11-2020, 08:45 AM
Death note and future diary are my faves in the world u prob seen them though lol

01-11-2020, 05:30 PM
As an animation fan, I gotta dump my load here. If you want a good anime movie, check out Redline or Hells. For series, you cant go wrong with Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, or Hellsing Ultimate.

HalkaTolstaya
Level:
Credits:
02-11-2020, 05:14 PM
Look Saga of Tanya the evil. This is the best anime, that i ever seen.

ferdygaming
Level:
Credits:
03-11-2020, 03:23 PM
i only watch naruto and one piece , any recommmmmm????????

kangaloon
Level:
Credits:
16-11-2020, 02:12 AM
my and my friend started this ridiculous one called gal & dino, it's a trip. 10/10 would recommend

EModzz
Level:
Credits:
16-11-2020, 02:44 PM
I remember Inazuma Eleven, my childhood anime, the best one

zorex
Level:
Credits:
17-11-2020, 01:53 PM
I like fantasy and advenchare anime.
Action anime is also good

22-11-2020, 02:12 AM
This post was last modified: 22-11-2020, 02:14 AM by PatchouliHeart
I'm a softie and newer to anime to boot. I don't do gore or impressive battles in favor of slice of life, comedies, dramas, and romances. The term Iyashike has popped up in recent years, which means "healing" which gives you a good idea of what these shows are about, serving as cheerful pick-me-ups or palate cleansers for some after watching something more intense. They're also sorta my jam - gentle shows that are cute and offer a quieter emotional outlet or comfort for my anxious butt. Some titled retroactively fall into this new genre too.
Series off the top of my head:

Laid-back Camp - A group of cute girls do some cozy winter camping and grow closer as friends. Pretty much no fanservice and gives legitimate camping tips from time to time.
Chi's New Home - A kitten gets a new home and they immediately name him Pee. If you've ever taken in a feral cat, this is funny, but only if you've washed out the ammonia smell by now. It's a cute cat doing cat things, hard to go wrong there.
Hitoribocchi no oo Seikatsu - A young girl with severe social anxiety tries to make friends as she enters high school. I recall some yuri leanings. Think Watamote, optimistic and cute rather than coming for your shut-in ass personally.
The Helpful Fox Senko-San - Are you a closet furry? Are you some degenerate who might like being taken care of by a cute fox girl for just a bit, who only wants to see you happy? I mean I sure as hell am.

Things that are in this vein but also they make you cry:

A Place Further Than the Universe - High school girl does all she can with the help of her friends to accompany a research team to Antarctica to confront her Mother's death. Made me feel something for the first time in a while and got me into anime. Again, no fanservice of teenagers, which is refreshing nowadays.
Anohana - Boy wakes up one day to discover the slightly-more-grown ghost of his dead childhood best friend, who's death has driven a long standing rift in their shared friend group and caused our MC to start living as a shut-in. Now he's the only one who can see her, and has to convince this friend group to work with him to figure out why her spirit has returned. If you never watch another anime of this sort, please just watch this one.

Movies:
Ghibli films - Duh.
Colorful - A soul on it's way to the afterlife is told at the station that it will instead live again in the form of a 14 year Makoto, who has attempted suicide. He is tasked with learning the sins of his body's former host and concluding why Mokoto chose to take his own life.
Paprika - Satoshi Kon given too much power. An amazing device that allows groundbreaking therapy through dreams begins to mysteriously malfunction to disastrous result, and the team behind it's creation must get to the bottom of it before dreams consume reality altogether with the help of the main character's dreamy alter-ego, Paprika.
The Girl Who Lept Through Time - A girl is given a mysterious power to leap through time, and immediately begins abusing it for her own benefit. Eventually she has to come to terms with how her choices effect not just her life, but others' too.

PlugDev
Lurker
Level:
Credits:
22-11-2020, 06:00 PM
@Aoki I lost count with groups as well, so but it doesn't gets better...

Dewalinaz
Level:
Credits:
23-11-2020, 10:24 PM
Death note is my recommendation. That shit goes so hard. Like all the killing and blood and shit.