The Lounge

COVID-19 Discussion Thread

Submitted by Photo, , Thread ID: 171823

Thread Closed

RE: COVID-19 Discussion Thread

#1,231
I don't see wearing a mask as a problem. They're a little agitating but nothing major.

#1,232
I hate the stay at home order more than anything! I can only play video games for so long...

#1,233
There's a lot of vaccination to do first and then it takes time for the virus to slowly get down to manageable levels more like the flu. So far the vaccines aren't confirmed to prevent spread of the disease just getting sick from it so until far fewer people are getting sick and spreading it, it's going to hang around.

I think 2021 will see more internal travel within countries and it won't be until at least 2022 before international travel picks up properly. A big concern is making sure poorer countries, who are often heavily populated, get access to the vaccine.

But overall, I think it will be more like the flu, with people having to get regular shots and the virus mutating every year or so forcing new vaccines to be released to keep people safe.

#1,234
I mostly stay at home because meeting people in real life can be a messy roulette.

#1,235
If you guys think 2021 is going to be any better than 2020, then you're just wrong.
It's only the beginning, not to mention politics get in the way

New decade and it's already going horseshit

#1,236
Depends on where you are I think. There are several countries where they've either had no cases or very few for a while, so adding vaccination on top of that and controlling their borders should see a return to a more normal way of life and travel between countries with good health.

Perhaps an American might tell us why they think so many people are against wearing masks and keeping socially distanced for the short period of time it would take to get things more under control so a return to normal life will be possible. I just don't understand the mentality there....

#1,237
Yes I can spend more time with my family, but still, I really miss going to the beach and having fun with my children

#1,238
16-01-2021, 03:05 AM
Tamlinlin Wrote:
America is so scary right now, tones of anti-maskers and riots going on. I don't know when it will end.
it's happening everywhere actually, and yes that's the scariest partabout the pandemic, the stupid people going around telling everyone to stop wearing a mask and not taking the vaccine

#1,239
Wasn't going out much so was just using disposable masks and hated them. Since they are now mandated and I'm going out a lot more I got reusable ones from good brands and they are much easier to wear.

Masks have been known to reduce the spread of airborne diseases for a long time so I think it's a sensible thing to do and just like wearing seatbelts it's a slight annoyance that can make a big difference in saving lives.

#1,240
I hate staying at home, but I get a ton done. So it's not terrible I guess...