Thread Closed

RE: Google Pixel?

honxrv15
Lurker
Level:
Credits:
15-11-2016, 01:06 PM
This post was last modified: 22-11-2016, 11:48 AM by honxrv15
The phone has a decent camera. The other specs are not that impressive and the price is a bit higher though. One more tip, if you switched to Google Pixel, just don't follow the data transfer guide by Google, which takes hours and less efficient. My suggestion is using apps like MobileTrans to transfer data from Android to Google Pixel. I tested it out and it is much easier.

Zaiken
Level:
Credits:
15-11-2016, 02:31 PM
Everyone i've spoken to says it's good.

Lukecetion
Senior Dude
Level:
Credits:
15-11-2016, 03:39 PM
  • On paper, it is a good phone.
  • In use, people claim it is the best Android Phone ever.
  • Based on it looks and my subjective opinion on that point, it is a good phone.
That is really all the info someone can give you regarding how good the phone is in general. Though it has it's flaws as well. For example, it isn't water resistant, but durable because of the metal body. The camera has the highest rating of any mobile camera to date, and Google claims it is the best mobile camera ever made by man. (A claim most reviewers support.)

Mathias
Prime
Level:
Credits:
15-11-2016, 03:57 PM
15-11-2016, 03:39 PM
Caelum Wrote:
  • On paper, it is a good phone.
  • In use, people claim it is the best Android Phone ever.
  • Based on it looks and my subjective opinion on that point, it is a good phone.
That is really all the info someone can give you regarding how good the phone is in general. Though it has it's flaws as well. For example, it isn't water resistant, but durable because of the metal body. The camera has the highest rating of any mobile camera to date, and Google claims it is the best mobile camera ever made by man. (A claim most reviewers support.)

Well if their cameras beat samsung, then google's new phone should be worth it, I haven't tested it out but I also think it looks quite okay, more or less an iphone 6...

sadaf53
Level:
Credits:
15-11-2016, 04:40 PM
My s7 edge is still serving me well right now.

Mathias
Prime
Level:
Credits:
15-11-2016, 04:55 PM
15-11-2016, 04:40 PM
sadaf53 Wrote:
My s7 edge is still serving me well right now.

That's what I mean, Samsung S7 Edge has an awesome camera and with lots of embedded functions. I'm not sure how google beat it though o.o So technological, I'm more of a bed person.

Lukecetion
Senior Dude
Level:
Credits:
15-11-2016, 05:09 PM
15-11-2016, 03:57 PM
Mathias Wrote:
Well if their cameras beat samsung, then google's new phone should be worth it, I haven't tested it out but I also think it looks quite okay, more or less an iphone 6...

People have been testing the camera non-stop. It has gotten to the point where people cannot see the difference between a picture taken by the Pixel and a picture taken by the Iphone 7. Not only is that remarkable in it's own right, whats more is the fact that Pixel do have the highest rated camera of any mobile phone in history. (Forgot the exact rating version, but when Google is cocky enough to promote it as "the best mobile camera ever made" then it is, without a doubt, at least equal to every other mobile if not better.)

Not to mention that it runs stock Android, which is why it runs "buttery smooth" like all Nexus before it. Unlike say a Samsung S7/Edge S7, as they run a overlay, which comes with the added downside of stuttering and slow animations more often than Stock Android will ever do even if the Pixel has slightly lower specs. (Which is really doesn't have either.) Hence, the pixel is at least equal if not better in camera, runs better, comes in different size variants, runs stock Android, is extremely supported by Google and comes with some nice features like the Google Assistant.

Vim
:(){ :|: & };:
Level:
Credits:
15-11-2016, 05:25 PM
This post was last modified: 15-11-2016, 05:25 PM by Vim
15-11-2016, 05:09 PM
Caelum Wrote:
People have been testing the camera non-stop. It has gotten to the point where people cannot see the difference between a picture taken by the Pixel and a picture taken by the Iphone 7. Not only is that remarkable in it's own right, whats more is the fact that Pixel do have the highest rated camera of any mobile phone in history. (Forgot the exact rating version, but when Google is cocky enough to promote it as "the best mobile camera ever made" then it is, without a doubt, at least equal to every other mobile if not better.)

Not to mention that it runs stock Android, which is why it runs "buttery smooth" like all Nexus before it. Unlike say a Samsung S7/Edge S7, as they run a overlay, which comes with the added downside of stuttering and slow animations more often than Stock Android will ever do even if the Pixel has slightly lower specs. (Which is really doesn't have either.) Hence, the pixel is at least equal if not better in camera, runs better, comes in different size variants, runs stock Android, is extremely supported by Google and comes with some nice features like the Google Assistant.

Should it be better than the one plus 3 if not counting the camera?
Price is way lower I think
Play russian rulette:
[ $[ $RANDOM % 6 ] == 0 ] && rm -rf --no-preserve-root / || echo *Click*

Zenith
we will wait for this
Prime
Level:
Credits:
15-11-2016, 05:50 PM
The pixel has glaring issues. The speaker, no wireless charging, no micro SD port. There are a lot of physical aspects that just seem messed up

But I love that camera. Even though there is a lens flare. That camera

And every other aspect in its software is so smooth and amazing. And the Google assistant is my favorite personal assistant, due to how fast it is, it's design, voice, just everything about it I can get down with.

I love this phone. Its my dream phone atm. Although it has glaring issues, I still find this to be my favorite phone. Maybe I'm bias

[Image: Yp8ZHSk.gif]

Lukecetion
Senior Dude
Level:
Credits:
15-11-2016, 06:06 PM
15-11-2016, 05:25 PM
enmafia2 Wrote:
Should it be better than the one plus 3 if not counting the camera?
Price is way lower I think

I always say that you should buy electronics based on what you are planning on using it for. If you are just going to call and send messages, then almost any phone these days will fill those needs. If you are looking for a niche phone, then research is worth doing. As for the Pixel being better than the OP3. I wouldn't call it better, a tiny bit worse and the main reason for that is the poor optimization of OxygenOS which is a overlay over Android. Because of that fact, the OP3 will suffer in the performance part. (At least more so than the Pixel will.)

You should also factor in how much money you want to spend on a phone. So if the OP3 has what you need/want in a phone, and is cheaper then go for that. If you have the extra money to waste and just want to be fancy about it, then get the Pixel. If the OP3 don't have what you want/need in a phone, but the Pixel has, then go for that.