Graphics Discussion and Showcase

Graphic Design Market Overcrowded?

Submitted by imasadk, , Thread ID: 345844

06-10-2024, 05:34 PM
Is it just me, or is the graphic design freelance market getting ridiculously crowded? It feels like every day there's a flood of new designers, making it harder for beginners to even get noticed, let alone land a gig. The competition is fierce, and with so many offering similar services, it's tough to stand out.

Any tips on how newbies can break through in this oversaturated space?

RE: Graphic Design Market Overcrowded?

This is certainly true for all fields. You have to be unique in order to prove yourself you can provide something different.

Make a free logo for a local business that may need. Make a better design then what they currently have. Get the word out that you design. Do this a couple times and pay attention to the responses from the owner. If a company uses your logo then that's free advertisement. Work your way from there.

JACKHARROW is correct as well.

When I used to design on forums, especially here, my uniqueness came from my userbars. I designed logos and banners on the side for people but userbars was the main money maker. Paired with free graphics for randoms and prospects I deemed worthy of receiving free services if I'm treated well.
[Image: zzmObkB.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]

Make a free logo for a local business that may need. Make a better design then what they currently have. Get the word out that you design. Do this a couple times and pay attention to the responses from the owner. If a company uses your logo then that's free advertisement. Work your way from there.

JACKHARROW is correct as well.

When I used to design on forums, especially here, my uniqueness came from my userbars. I designed logos and banners on the side for people but userbars was the main money maker. Paired with free graphics for randoms and prospects I deemed worthy of receiving free services if I'm treated well.
[Image: zzmObkB.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]