The Lounge

idk

Submitted by Infinitum, , Thread ID: 25256

Thread Closed
15-12-2016, 12:32 AM
3rd time doing a "hi how's going I was absent for like idk a few months" thread, will be the last.

I'm finally back, I got some IRL problems (that and forgetting my pass 2 times in a row then giving up, don't judge me I'm a designer) such as:
-trying to kill myself
-actually stopping the idea that killing myself would be a good idea
-find a gf cause I had a... Problem with the old one
-stop to shitpost on another pretty known forum cause idfk tried to hide depression
-actually tried to feel something because everyone says to me that I'm extremely cold when talking and never expressed something in front of them

Not really original

/thread
discord: Infinity#0666

RE: idk

Well, I don't think I remember you. But here's a cliche - "Suicide is never the answer". Breathe it in.

Anyways, good to have you back here on the site man and I hope to see you get back active.
| Upgrades: 6 | #2 All Time Poster | 100+ Reputation |

OP
15-12-2016, 12:34 AM
Natsu Wrote:
Well, I don't think I remember you. But here's a cliche - "Suicide is never the answer". Breathe it in.

Anyways, good to have you back here on the site man and I hope to see you get back active.

Thanks.

When I'm trying, I'm active and actually can push myself in being active.

And yes, it's clich, thanks still, however, it's easier to say something than actually doing it -in this case, go over something such as depression.

I'm still trying to find out why this happens and happened to me, but I guess I'll never find an answer.

Glad to have you back! Smile
I was once.. in a similar position so I'm proof it's possible to come back to happiness.

If you ever need someone to talk to I'm always here!
| | |Zenith | Senpai | Username | | |

[Image: unknown.png]

15-12-2016, 12:38 AM
Infinitum Wrote:
Thanks.

When I'm trying, I'm active and actually can push myself in being active.

And yes, it's clich, thanks still, however, it's easier to say something than actually doing it -in this case, go over something such as depression.

I'm still trying to find out why this happens and happened to me, but I guess I'll never find an answer.

That's understandable man, everyone goes through tough times in their life. Some depression, some anger issues, some poverty. It's a part of life and whether you stay still or get left behind; life moves on man. Life won't wait for you to catch up. So you have to do that yourself, only you're capable of carrying your weight.

OP
This post was last modified: 15-12-2016, 12:55 AM by Infinitum
15-12-2016, 12:48 AM
fdigl Wrote:
Glad to have you back! Smile
I was once.. in a similar position so I'm proof it's possible to come back to happiness.

If you ever need someone to talk to I'm always here!

Well thanks! (I'll never forget you ^w^) I'm always happy to talk with people, even though I'm not the most talkative person.

I'm more like something you'd call, a shitposter (in my opinion).

And yes, I know it's possible to get back to a state of happiness, but it's hard, to be sincere.

15-12-2016, 12:52 AM
Natsu Wrote:
That's understandable man, everyone goes through tough times in their life. Some depression, some anger issues, some poverty. It's a part of life and whether you stay still or get left behind; life moves on man. Life won't wait for you to catch up. So you have to do that yourself, only you're capable of carrying your weight.

I perfectly know that I'm the only one who is actually able to first help me get up and then help myself accepting the fact that people around me actually are here to help me. For the moment, I'm at none of these 2 steps and I'm more in the "acceptance" period, in a way of saying that I'm realizing I destroyed half of my life and destroyed a big part of myself because of my stupid way of thinking.

15-12-2016, 12:53 AM
Infinitum Wrote:
I perfectly know that I'm the only one who is actually able to first help me get up and then help myself accepting the fact that people around me actually are here to help me. For the moment, I'm at none of these 2 steps and I'm more in the "acceptance" period, in a way of saying that I'm realizing I destroyed half of my life and destroyed a big part of myself because of my stupid way of thinking.

Well, we're always here if you need the help. I'm more of a blunt person so sorry if it comes off that way but I mean well. If you ever need someone to talk to or to vent to, I'm around.

OP
15-12-2016, 12:58 AM
Natsu Wrote:
Well, we're always here if you need the help. I'm more of a blunt person so sorry if it comes off that way but I mean well. If you ever need someone to talk to or to vent to, I'm around.

First off, thanks! I'll keep that in mind. As I already said before, I like to talk to people, sometimes. And I'm more of a cold person apparently, so well...

People like to live in a beautiful lie.
A lot of people don't want to hear the truth.

15-12-2016, 12:53 AM
Infinitum Wrote:
Well thanks! (I'll never forget you ^w^) I'm always happy to talk with people, even though I'm not the most talkative person.

I'm more like something you'd call, a shitposter (in my opinion).

And yes, I know it's possible to get back to a state of happiness, but it's hard, to be sincere.

That's great, you've already done step 1! Now you might just have a lack of motivation, and it may even be subconscious. I got past that by setting microgoals for myself. Just tiny things.

:: Wake up in the morning
- "I have to get out of bed." "Why?" "Because I have to eat." "Why?" "Because I'm hungry."

:: Get out of bed
- "Now I have to eat." "Why do you have to eat?" "Because it will hurt if I don't eat."
> That's when I usually accept that and actually find something to eat.

But just as easy as it was to get out of bed, it's also easy to lose that motivation quickly.

:: Look for something to eat
- "I can't decide on what to eat..." "Maybe I shouldn't eat then..." "I'll just go back to bed and sleep off the hunger."

Yet, it's also easy to catch yourself before you let that happen.

:: What happens when I wake up?
- "What if I still feel hungry when I wake up?" "I should at least eat something." "I don't care what it is, as long as it's edible food."

:: I don't want to wake up..
- "Maybe I'll feel better when I wake up." "Maybe I'll feel better if I actually eat." "Okay, I won't take the risk of sleeping now and I'll save myself the pain."

These microgoals helped me get through a lot, even now. It doesn't matter if you're depressed or not, just make microgoals that aren't too ambitious and you'll find the slow, sluggish days of life go by and you'll start to look forward to the happy, fun days.
| | |Zenith | Senpai | Username | | |

[Image: unknown.png]

OP
15-12-2016, 01:03 AM
fdigl Wrote:
That's great, you've already done step 1! Now you might just have a lack of motivation, and it may even be subconscious. I got past that by setting microgoals for myself. Just tiny things.

:: Wake up in the morning
- "I have to get out of bed." "Why?" "Because I have to eat." "Why?" "Because I'm hungry."

:: Get out of bed
- "Now I have to eat." "Why do you have to eat?" "Because it will hurt if I don't eat."
> That's when I usually accept that and actually find something to eat.

But just as easy as it was to get out of bed, it's also easy to lose that motivation quickly.

:: Look for something to eat
- "I can't decide on what to eat..." "Maybe I shouldn't eat then..." "I'll just go back to bed and sleep off the hunger."

Yet, it's also easy to catch yourself before you let that happen.

:: What happens when I wake up?
- "What if I still feel hungry when I wake up?" "I should at least eat something." "I don't care what it is, as long as it's edible food."

:: I don't want to wake up..
- "Maybe I'll feel better when I wake up." "Maybe I'll feel better if I actually eat." "Okay, I won't take the risk of sleeping now and I'll save myself the pain."

These microgoals helped me get through a lot, even now. It doesn't matter if you're depressed or not, just make microgoals that aren't too ambitious and you'll find the slow, sluggish days of life go by and you'll start to look forward to the happy, fun days.

would it surprise you if I said to you that I already tried microgoals?
And that they didn't work out for me?

I mean, I could try a second time, but my lack of energy was such that I didn't really do anything anymore. Even things I loved doing. Everything was gone.

So, I'm going to try again, once more.

Thanks for the tip though.