The Lounge

Serious [Debate] Is it unethical to eat meat?

Submitted by Eye, , Thread ID: 33294

Thread Closed
30-04-2017, 07:31 AM
This post was last modified: 30-04-2017, 07:33 AM by Eye
This is a serious debate, make it civilized.
I would like to hear everyone's opinion. No bullshit or verbal aggressions at each other.

In my opinion, animals eating animals is a fact of life, and it always have been since the beggining of time, and I'm not gonna lie, I do love beef and I would never refuse a barbecue in summer's season. Don't get me wrong, I really don't like the idea of animals getting tortured in the slaughter houses, so I just try to avoid thinking about it.But I also can't live an entire life without eating meat.
Am I a bad person?

What's your opinion about this topic?

RE: [Debate] Is it unethical to eat meat?

It's terrible to treat things poorly that are undeserving, but it's not terrible to eat meat.
| | |Zenith | Senpai | Username | | |

[Image: unknown.png]

OP
This post was last modified: 30-04-2017, 08:08 AM by Eye
30-04-2017, 07:42 AM
fdigl Wrote:
It's terrible to treat things poorly that are undeserving, but it's not terrible to eat meat.

Sadly, there is no way around to eat meat without treating things poorly.
Would be amazing if there was a way to give thoseanimals a painless death, our conscience would be wayless heavier.

Animals also eat each other then why can't we? I think there's nothing wrong with eating meat.

We are animals after all.
Do not allow the eye to fool the mind.

No idea man. I am jewish so i dont eat much meat tbh

30-04-2017, 07:31 AM
Eye Wrote:
This is a serious debate, make it civilized.
I would like to hear everyone's opinion. No bullshit or verbal aggressions at each other.

In my opinion, animals eating animals is a fact of life, and it always have been since the beggining of time, and I'm not gonna lie, I do love beef and I would never refuse a barbecue in summer's season. Don't get me wrong, I really don't like the idea of animals getting tortured in the slaughter houses, so I just try to avoid thinking about it.But I also can't live an entire life without eating meat.
Am I a bad person?

What's your opinion about this topic?

Meat is gud

OP
30-04-2017, 08:16 AM
Illuminatus Wrote:
Animals also eat each other then why can't we? I think there's nothing wrong with eating meat.

We are animals after all.

Idk man, seeing all those videos about animals getting killed in the slaughter houses makes me feel guilty everytime I eat meat.

30-04-2017, 05:20 PM
Streeter220 Wrote:
No idea man. I am jewish so i dont eat much meat tbh

What do you usually eat then?

30-04-2017, 11:07 PM
Jayrich12 Wrote:
Meat is gud

Yeah leecher, very detailed answer, gtfo.

If I walked into a lion enclosure, they'd sure eat my ass.

So eating meat, that's perfectly fine. Treating animals badly though, that's another issue.
[Image: xvv2qQA.png]

This is a topic which I could understand the views from both sides as my parents are against eating meat but they have always gave me the option to eat meat, and I think well if the animal has already been killed its happened and there is no point wasting it as that would make the animals death even more pointless but i don't agree with some of the methods such as halal at least make the animal feel no pain that's the least you could do for them isn't it ?

OP
This post was last modified: 01-05-2017, 05:48 AM by Eye
01-05-2017, 04:02 AM
Widget Wrote:
If I walked into a lion enclosure, they'd sure eat my ass.

So eating meat, that's perfectly fine. Treating animals badly though, that's another issue.

With the mass increasing of population, the amount of meat required to feed them up, also increases proportionately, and with the overcrowding issue, a normal farm isn't enough.
Slaughter houses with automatic row production are required, and thats what makes it inhumane.
I'll leave a video here, viewer discretion is advised, strong images:

01-05-2017, 04:17 AM
MickyPlayz Wrote:
This is a topic which I could understand the views from both sides as my parents are against eating meat but they have always gave me the option to eat meat, and I think well if the animal has already been killed its happened and there is no point wasting it as that would make the animals death even more pointless but i don't agree with some of the methods such as halal at least make the animal feel no pain that's the least you could do for them isn't it ?

Exactly, if there was a way to make them feel no pain, it would be perfect.