Funny Honest Message from the IT Guy

Submitted by Alone4Eva, , Thread ID: 63775

Thread Closed
Alone4Eva
Novice
Level:
Credits:
06-12-2017, 06:11 AM
"Please don't lie to me. It's pathetic." Apparently I'm smart enough to fix every computer problem the entire staff can come up with, but I'm too dumb to realize that your monitor / computer / phone / tablet did not throw itself at high velocities onto the floor.

"It's really not your computer". I know that your e-mail / Word / application-vital-to-your-productivity-that-you-blamed-to-explain-to-your-boss-having-done-nothing started working when I walked up, but it never works any other time.

Let's make a deal. I won't tell your boss what you're really doing if you figure out some new stories that don't involve IT to explain what's not happening. I hear sickness is a popular one.

"Yes, we think those password requirements are ridiculous, too." I know the requirement to have no word recognizable in any language as part of your password is perhaps a little overkill.

and realize the more complex the password is, the more likely it is going to be written on a Post-It on the bottom of the keyboard.

On the other hand,Complaining piteously to me every time you have to change your password won't change policies or fix your problem. No, you shouldn't tell me what your password is because it is a security breach and I will probably forget it in 30 seconds. I don't need your password to gain access to your computer.

RE: Honest Message from the IT Guy

pepsi2125
Level:
Credits:
07-12-2017, 11:48 PM
Yet many times the user does not know it sounds like a lie, they just want things to work and if that means using a post-it note for the aplanumeric "soup" the restrictions require, they ARE going to do it, Period.