The Lounge

Serious Debate: Should Teachers, Professors & Mentors etc. be payed more

Submitted by Lakeey, , Thread ID: 63925

Thread Closed
Hestia Familia
Level:
Credits:
07-12-2017, 05:24 AM
Alright, so I've brought this up to many of my Teachers. From middle school to high school asking them, "Do you think some of teaching job should be one of the best paying jobs?" Just think about it, they are the basis of us learning stuff, we are basically nothing without teachers. They teach us to be doctors, they teach us to be whatever you want to be. But the highest I've seen so far was like $40,000.00 per year. Has anyone seen a higher minimumwage price? This is honestly ridiculous.
[Image: T9B2tgy.png]

RE: Debate: Should Teachers, Professors & Mentors etc. be payed more

Grim1171
Level:
Credits:
07-12-2017, 10:40 AM
07-12-2017, 05:24 AM
Lakeey Wrote:
Alright, so I've brought this up to many of my Teachers. From middle school to high school asking them, "Do you think some of teaching job should be one of the best paying jobs?" Just think about it, they are the basis of us learning stuff, we are basically nothing without teachers. They teach us to be doctors, they teach us to be whatever you want to be. But the highest I've seen so far was like $40,000.00 per year. Has anyone seen a higher minimumwage price? This is honestly ridiculous.

I do think teachers should be paid more, but at the same time I don't think that they should start that way. The thing that is for sure about 75% of teachers is that they're definitely teaching because it's their passion, not for money. So if you just upped their salary to 60,000-70,000 a year, you'd definitely see a growth in teacher jobs but for the wrong reasons. It'd be nice to see our teachers start earning 45,000-50,000 a year at least. The thing that really frustrates me though, is that you see teachers who have been educating kids for 10-30 years, and are still making shitty salaries. Teachers have such a big impact on our youths, they definitely should be paid more. That is for sure.

ForceAWP
Level:
Credits:
07-12-2017, 10:59 AM
Absolutely they should be paid more, they are important in this society and we need to pay the teachers enough to care about losing their job.

LandRevenant
Coder
Prime
Level:
Credits:
07-12-2017, 04:29 PM
I think they should be paid more, of course eventually working their way up in pay depending on how they work, they are the backbone of society. they have to put up with so much crap and i definitely wouldn't deal with it for as much as they get paid.