What the fuck Republicans? | Net Neutrality

Submitted by JimCricket, , Thread ID: 65123

Thread Closed
JimCricket
Closed Account
Level:
Credits:
14-12-2017, 06:10 AM
I hardly ever go on here but this is the largest discussion type page that I have even signed up for, but I would like to discuss this topic. If you don't know what that is, I will give a brief rundown and basically what it is.

What is Net Neutrality?
Net neutrality is the ending of internet equality. It allows practical bribes to undergo where larger companies such as Netflix can pay said ISP's to make their webpage faster than lower end websites, which would heavily be slowed down. Basically, it allows for ISP's free domain over this topic in a heavy supply and demand type prospect. (Note this is extremely over-simplified)

How does it effect the general population?
Well, whenever a website has to pay more, the general population does as well. Money will stack up upon the current internet bill just for services such as Netflix, YouTube, and other high-broadband websites. One thing I forgot to mention, Net Neutrality also prevents the prioritization of websites. Furthermore, new websites are practically screwed by this which allows these powerhouses of companies to expand their ever-growing rule over the internet. With this, it screws over everyone in the United States (except these power houses) with the general population paying more and the new business owners eventually plummeting and bankrupting.

Sign me up, where do I vote to ensure this doesn't get repealed?
This is up to the FCC, a group of 5 people; 3 of the presidents party's and 2 of the opposing (not independent, just the two majority parties). Now, the main reason that they want this bill repealed is because of their dreaded Obama put it into place. There's literally nothing to do about this bill except hope for a change of heart (which won't happen). It's likely that once it gets repealed, the repeal will likely get repealed in due time but knowing the courts, that can take a very long time.

Now opinions, well, more than before

Republican voters are in favor of keeping the bill (along with the entirety of the United States), it's just this sporadic, terrible group of Republican politicians that want their hand to be played while removing the entirety of Obama's. Granted, the repeal (or hope to repeal) of the Affordable Health Care Act has some reasoning to their decision, but this one literally has no other reason than either a huge bribe of super pact money or the opposing of Obama in his entirety. I personally identify as a Republican with many beliefs that lean to the left, but this is unlike any others as this is a selfish act deliberately meant to completely screw up America. "Make America Great" my ass. Oh! Another fun thing is that ISP's will LITERALLY have free reign as the group that their are passing the power to doesn't have the power to enforce or judge what is right and wrong in terms of the internet, so they do whatever they want, charge how ever much, and completely ruin the current peaceful status of the internet at the moment. The vote is tomorrow (as of 12/13/17) and countless politicians, both Republican and Democrats alike, have asked the FCC to calm down and delay the repeal until tomorrow but they won't because, well, there IS NO REASON AND THAT'S WHAT IS THE WORST ABOUT IT. THERE IS NO REASON! Oh, you like Netflix? Well have fun charging a lot more for a bit faster internet while your other underfunded websites move at the rate of a Windows XP startup. Say your stuff down below, ig :/

RE: What the fuck Republicans? | Net Neutrality

omitted
U R about 2 WiTnEsS a real, live MURDER
Level:
Credits:
14-12-2017, 06:28 AM
you do realize that one of the biggest forces being getting net neutrality repealed is xfinity/comcast/nbcuniversal right? ya know, a pretty hardcore liberal/democrat company. saying (((REPUBLICANS))) does nothing to support your point. you even say "both Republican and Democrats alike, have asked the FCC to calm down and delay the repeal". there isnt any need to bring the republican party into this, all hate should be directed towards the FCC. and dont give me this "oooohh yeah but trump put ajit pai in the FCC" or whatever, cause he was made commissioner waaaaaay back in 2012 by ya boi barack.

yeah, net neutrality being repealed sucks, but there will always be ISPs out there who believe in an open internet and will provide it. switch your ISP. done.
[Image: KDqcE6f.jpg]
aka inanimate
syncoperecords.bandcamp.com
knell#8878

RE: What the fuck Republicans? | Net Neutrality

JimCricket
Closed Account
Level:
Credits:
OP
15-12-2017, 12:51 AM
This post was last modified: 15-12-2017, 12:52 AM by JimCricket
14-12-2017, 06:28 AM
[omitted] Wrote:
you do realize that one of the biggest forces being getting net neutrality repealed is xfinity/comcast/nbcuniversal right? ya know, a pretty hardcore liberal/democrat company. saying (((REPUBLICANS))) does nothing to support your point. you even say "both Republican and Democrats alike, have asked the FCC to calm down and delay the repeal". there isnt any need to bring the republican party into this, all hate should be directed towards the FCC. and dont give me this "oooohh yeah but trump put ajit pai in the FCC" or whatever, cause he was made commissioner waaaaaay back in 2012 by ya boi barack.

yeah, net neutrality being repealed sucks, but there will always be ISPs out there who believe in an open internet and will provide it. switch your ISP. done.

Well, to correct you the two democrats in the FCC are, or were, opposing the net neutrality, which is why I primarily mentioned Republicans. Included you refuted your own case when you mentioned where I had given props to both political parties so thanks for your criticism but you're wrong when attempting to make me seem like an anti-republican even when I identify as one to begin with. It was mostly for a click bait title, or partially.