Thread Closed
Bubble
Captain of Pirates
Divine
Ice Cream God
Level:
Credits:
14-12-2017, 07:11 PM
Do you believe an IQ test can actually measure intelligence? I took the StanfordBinet IQ test and got a 138, with a standard deviation of 15 bringing me at 123 on my first attempt. A score of 123 is "superior intelligence" and is well above the population average.

I believe IQ tests do measure intelligence, but in terms of "potential intelligence" and how far your brain can go. The questions asked in the test I took don't require you to know any knowledge in anything like math, science, etc. You just need to be able to read. They are questions that test your mind in a way where you have to come up with your own equations, your own "logical theories", a method on how to solve it. It's to test to see how far your mind can go. The question consisted of sequential patterns, paradoxes, questions in which you have to read carefully to solve the "riddle", geometric patterns, etc.

To see if this test was consistent, I took it multiple times, same questions, and my score stayed the same. Even if you learn from your mistakes in the test, in order to get a higher grade, your brain HAS to be capable of surpassing your previous limit on the questions you got wrong. Guessing doesn't help, believe me.
[Image: zzmObkB.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]