Gaming Discussions

Worst microtransactions you've seen?

Submitted by Nulledy, , Thread ID: 65645

Thread Closed
18-12-2017, 05:37 AM
What are some of the worst microtransactions you've seen in games recently ASIDE from Star Wars BF2 and others that have been in the news?

RE: Worst microtransactions you've seen?

Pretty much every game nowadays has microtransactions. Especially for multiplayer games.

They are cancer in every game but I remember Gears of War 4 is pretty bad with them.

OP
18-12-2017, 06:23 PM
brutalace Wrote:
They are cancer in every game but I remember Gears of War 4 is pretty bad with them.

Never got around to playing GoW4, but I can only imagine what they tried to do.

Just got down with a nostalgia trip on Lineage 2: Revolution, but dear god is it P2W.

18-12-2017, 09:43 PM
Nulledy Wrote:
Never got around to playing GoW4, but I can only imagine what they tried to do.

Just got down with a nostalgia trip on Lineage 2: Revolution, but dear god is it P2W.

I am a fan of original GOW so I was excited for GOW4 making a return to PC therefore I bought ultimate edition which costed me 90$ and man that was a big mistake, although the game itself is really good and optimized on PC it doesn't offer anything worth those extra 30 bucks, it's a total waste. You don't even get premium multiplayer skins/characters of your choice, you just get some extra loot boxes and you just have to gamble when you open them, they guarantee some rare items but then you can end up with a character that you don't want to use in multiplayer or a weapon that you don't like, it's not your choice.

You get 2 - 3 extra multiplayer maps and that's pretty much it, after that it's a grind to get the items you want and even then you cannot buy them straight from shop, you have to buy those useless loot boxes and gamble again then it's pure luck if you get your desired item or not and the prices of those boxes are outrageous. You can also buy those boxes using real money of course but even then it's a gamble....

That game made me realize that loot boxes and micro transactions are just cancer for the whole gaming industry.

Definitely Candy Crush. Those shits have taken so much of my money.

OP
This post was last modified: 20-12-2017, 06:48 PM by Nulledy
19-12-2017, 01:42 AM
brutalace Wrote:
I am a fan of original GOW so I was excited for GOW4 making a return to PC therefore I bought ultimate edition which costed me 90$ and man that was a big mistake, although the game itself is really good and optimized on PC it doesn't offer anything worth those extra 30 bucks, it's a total waste. You don't even get premium multiplayer skins/characters of your choice, you just get some extra loot boxes and you just have to gamble when you open them, they guarantee some rare items but then you can end up with a character that you don't want to use in multiplayer or a weapon that you don't like, it's not your choice.

You get 2 - 3 extra multiplayer maps and that's pretty much it, after that it's a grind to get the items you want and even then you cannot buy them straight from shop, you have to buy those useless loot boxes and gamble again then it's pure luck if you get your desired item or not and the prices of those boxes are outrageous. You can also buy those boxes using real money of course but even then it's a gamble....

That game made me realize that loot boxes and micro transactions are just cancer for the whole gaming industry.

This is honestly the best summation i've seen for GOW. It loot boxes and microtransactions are literally going to be the death of the industry unless something is done about it. :(

19-12-2017, 02:10 AM
Bokeh Wrote:
Definitely Candy Crush. Those shits have taken so much of my money.

Ouch. They're one of the worst and earliest offenders

The worst micro transaction I've seen are on those bakery games you have to purchase to get sprinkles and more frostings and all that and there a couple of bucks each.

for me the worst now is shadow of war and battle front 2

100% any EA game. FIFA is filled with micro transactions just as every game by that company is, however I'm still addicted to them :(