Thread Closed

RE: What Makes a Server Good to You?

i got a good darkrp formula
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10pvo...xm30A/edit
[Image: 12SJOVB.gif]

20-12-2017, 06:04 PM
Varken Wrote:
I'm trying to get back into making some GMod servers again and want to know what keeps you around?

My current ideas are to make an entire custom map (2 weeks in the making now) and hud, few addons etc this is all for a MilitaryRP designed server.

What are peoples thoughts on what makes a server good enough to stay around?

No lag, optimised map, entirely custom content, rank integration between forum and server. Also friendly player base and environment is important as well.

the ammount of effort and custom things put into it.

For me the KEY thing for a good server is excellent staff. If you do not how good staff then your server falls apart (ive seen it happen)

20-12-2017, 06:04 PM
Varken Wrote:
I'm trying to get back into making some GMod servers again and want to know what keeps you around?

My current ideas are to make an entire custom map (2 weeks in the making now) and hud, few addons etc this is all for a MilitaryRP designed server.

What are peoples thoughts on what makes a server good enough to stay around?

*i really enjoy ACTUAL RP. most servers today have BS jobs and even more BS rules.

*STOP taking people to roofs for Sits, just Spec them. catch them and ban them.

*most DarkRP now days is built around Basing and raids. (this is not basewars)

*All staff members think they are gods because the can noclip and ban people.

*we need more Roleplay and DarkRP. More interactive NPCs which give us quests to do.

*Pay to Win

*More in depth jobs descriptions, force SWAT to stay in PD until needed for a Raid like real SWAT members

thats just my opinion. i have made 4 servers for fun. got them completely finished then deleted them
its a hobby of mine to make servers

This post was last modified: 27-12-2017, 04:38 PM by Trident3553
A functional admin team is KEY for any rp server. That is what keeps me playing them, an admin team that does the job of getting rid of minges and that loves to interact in the RP with the community.

Yeah. Shit loads of cool shit. lol. a lot of workshop content.

A community that isn't cancerous, great addons, and fair staff.

The key to a good server, is to make players feel like they can get somewhere, or make them feel like they can become part of something. Progression and personal bonding keeps people attached to servers. If you push cancerous VIP tiers and pay to win (or pay to have fun), you will push people away quick. Another thing is that you have to realize that Garry's Mod is going to have some players you don't want. Don't try to appeal to everyone, just go for what you want in your server and listen to input where you can.