Gaming Discussions

Grand Theft Auto GTA Online Isn't GTA Online Anymore

Submitted by Moomin, , Thread ID: 68335

Thread Closed
04-01-2018, 10:49 PM
This post was last modified: 04-01-2018, 10:50 PM by Moomin
I dunno if I'm the only one who feels like GTA Online has completely lost its charm, but these updates the game receives seem to push further and further away from the things I liked about it in the first place.

The focus in Online nowis all about Heists, massively, overly expensive planes/military vehicles.
I hate this kind of focus, it's not about having a bunch of fun with your friends anymore, it's about grinding extremely hard Heists just to muster up the money to buy a nice looking military type vehicle that you'll probably get bored of in a few days.

I liked old gen better. On old gen, the gameplay was usually quite relaxed. Heists weren't a thing and the worst thing to fear was tank coming at you in freemode, which is now laughed at in today's game.

I remember the first time I played GTA online (around the day it came out... I think) with my friend, Rockstar gave us some starting money and we rushed to buy the Del Perro apartment as quick as we can.
I was so happy. We explored together and had so much fun. I miss those times.
You can still have fun in freemode, but I really do feel that the focus is drifting from that kind of passive play, and it's all about who has the best gear.

*sigh* I might add onto this later on, but this is all I can be bothered to type out.

RE: GTA Online Isn't GTA Online Anymore

yeh its shit now.

Everything is way too complicated

My friends still play that game. It's kinda boring now but with the latest dlc's you can't get bored at all.
'my opinion'
[Image: xRnLbpm.png]
[Image: Tz6Qsg4.png]

I agree. But it does make for some good business to Recovery Services.
[Image: kVkf573.gif]
Gunner
[Image: kVkf573.gif]

when I played GTA 1 year ago, the first thing that I loved was the story, when playing online, I realized that there was nothing like that, it's like finishing the game and realizing that there is nothing left to do, just continue to kill people and run over people with cars, I think that rockstar games, only interested in continuing to tie people to their game until they can take out the GTA 6 and then distract them with different things, the online has neither plot nor an end or an objective in common that is interesting, i hate the online of GTA for that reason, and if you are right, the online gta is bad

GTA is a complete sellout game to me, But everything is free besides paying for the game but i kinda agree you have to work hard for it if you don't want to pay for money / etc.

gta san andreas online is more active try it about 80K people online the best comunity
[Image: giphy.gif]

This post was last modified: 21-01-2018, 05:15 PM by cleber
04-01-2018, 10:49 PM
GravityCat Wrote:
I dunno if I'm the only one who feels like GTA Online has completely lost its charm, but these updates the game receives seem to push further and further away from the things I liked about it in the first place.

The focus in Online nowis all about Heists, massively, overly expensive planes/military vehicles.
I hate this kind of focus, it's not about having a bunch of fun with your friends anymore, it's about grinding extremely hard Heists just to muster up the money to buy a nice looking military type vehicle that you'll probably get bored of in a few days.

I liked old gen better. On old gen, the gameplay was usually quite relaxed. Heists weren't a thing and the worst thing to fear was tank coming at you in freemode, which is now laughed at in today's game.

I remember the first time I played GTA online (around the day it came out... I think) with my friend, Rockstar gave us some starting money and we rushed to buy the Del Perro apartment as quick as we can.
I was so happy. We explored together and had so much fun. I miss those times.
You can still have fun in freemode, but I really do feel that the focus is drifting from that kind of passive play, and it's all about who has the best gear.

*sigh* I might add onto this later on, but this is all I can be bothered to type out.

https://nulledbb.com/thread-FULLIPTV-V2-...-VOD-PANEL

This post was last modified: 21-01-2018, 06:20 PM by KelpyMeme
I got a mod menu and it still feels stale only until a new update

Its only good for the new updates then it dies out again

I agree with you the game is money hungry and I don't have the time to grind for hours upon hours for 1 car or anything really in the game