Gaming Discussions

Gaming in 2018?

Submitted by Deleted_3747, , Thread ID: 69782

Thread Closed
15-01-2018, 12:29 AM
Where do you think gaming will go this year and forward?
What do you expect in this year of the gaming industry?

I think there'll be alot of cool games but i also know that 2018 will be a year major companies will develope games that will come out in 2019, though there's pretty neat games coming out this year. Like the video i've linked in the spoiler below, though it's only open world related games (it's pretty much the most popular category in gaming).

RE: Gaming in 2018?

15-01-2018, 12:29 AM
Devourz Wrote:
Where do you think gaming will go this year and forward?
What do you expect in this year of the gaming industry?

I think VR is going to start taking off more this year since it was starting to become a major deal last year. I hope for some new and fun MMORPGs personally but so far most have just been Korean ports that die within a few months due to the pay to win problems.

I agree with niju with the VR, And I think a Minecraft 2? No, i was joking, But maybe some quality games like RPG's And Free world games that you can explore and do missions.

The actual development of gaming so far seems only towards the visuals and audio. The story itself will always be something that can be originally conceived for as many years possible, but when it comes to asking ourselves what we can make realistic, visuals are really the only thing we can accept. Smell and taste really shouldn't be a component in development, and touch can cause some issues if say we were playing a game like Far Cry. Sound will always be set to recording the appropriate sounds and music, so therefore I believe visuals are what's left.

VR Headsets will definitely become more common, but more recreational than anything. No one really wants to be standing up competing against other people for hours, even though there are areas where tournaments are held for shooter/action games for the VR sets.
I apologize for everything

All About Me ->https://jpst.it/1aT82

I really hope more companies find new ways of gaming, Nintendo even if focusing on a younger audience has done brilliant work with their nintendo Labo and i would expect the same from Sony and Microsoft.
However they just pump out fifa and cod games and people buy them, i wish companies experiment more and took more risks because it's nice to have a console that works outside of the norm.
Discord:usopp#2525 Skype:live:usopp.se.net
[Image: QYYKlso.png]

01-02-2018, 06:31 AM
usopp Wrote:
I really hope more companies find new ways of gaming, Nintendo even if focusing on a younger audience has done brilliant work with their nintendo Labo and i would expect the same from Sony and Microsoft.
However they just pump out fifa and cod games and people buy them, i wish companies experiment more and took more risks because it's nice to have a console that works outside of the norm.

Thats what i am talking about, so many companies keep remaking the same stuff. Its getting old. or maybe i am? I dont know i wish there were new types out there.
Senpai
True Master of Dojo

01-02-2018, 06:36 AM
DEFIANT Wrote:
Thats what i am talking about, so many companies keep remaking the same stuff. Its getting old. or maybe i am? I dont know i wish there were new types out there.

You ain't getting old, they just recyle the same stuff for the younger audience and they still buy it.
I love how nintendo is always experimental and no one predicted nintendo labo which was awesome
Discord:usopp#2525 Skype:live:usopp.se.net
[Image: QYYKlso.png]

01-02-2018, 06:39 AM
usopp Wrote:
You ain't getting old, they just recyle the same stuff for the younger audience and they still buy it.
I love how nintendo is always experimental and no one predicted nintendo labo which was awesome

Talking bout the cardboard stuff??
Senpai
True Master of Dojo

01-02-2018, 06:39 AM
usopp Wrote:

One issue is usually once we hit adulthood, we're typically far too busy to even start up a game, and developers know this which is why they aim towards the younger audience more. My father has a friend who works as a surgeon at not one, but two hospitals and has an amazing gaming setup worth literal tens of thousands, but he barely has time to even sleep as is.

I think sole diversity within gaming should be expanded so that no matter what age you are, if you have both the free time and money, you can enjoy it so nothing restricts you, not age, work, or content.
I apologize for everything

All About Me ->https://jpst.it/1aT82

Games are becoming more needy resource wise, the average person doesn't have a machine powerful enough to run for example planet coaster their minimum reqs are way over normal pricing for the average PC owner.

For these big games to take off hardware needs to come down hugely to allow affordability to play such games.