Gaming Discussions

Are video games a waste of time?

Submitted by BrokenFocus, , Thread ID: 89806

Thread Closed
27-05-2018, 04:13 AM
This post was last modified: 27-05-2018, 06:13 AM by BrokenFocus
Video games are highly addictive, at least for me. It's difficult for me to start playing a game and get off after one or two. Usually I'll binge play for hours because I have nothing better to do. Another reason I do this is because I wish to perfect my skills in whatever game I play.

However, I have noticed my productivity has slowed down since I've played video games. I make less money, lose focus on school, and lose touch with friends.
I can't think of a solution other than cutting them out completely, since I do not have the self control to play a few games and get off.

What are your thoughts on this? Is it a good move to almost completely eliminate video games from my life?

RE: Are video games a waste of time?

You said it yourself. Cut them out completely. You're only gonna see benefits from that.
[Image: 19HbxIJ.png]

This post was last modified: 27-05-2018, 04:31 AM by Altoids
That's not really something we can answer for you.
Video games have almost or completely ruined peoples' lives like my brother but it's also helped other people.
Games are a hobby, a very expensive hobby. If you're having fun then is it really a waste of time? However if you're losing a lot of money and focus on your life, maybe it would be better to cut out games or at least play less.

Once you figure out your life and get a job where you can play a healthy amount of games on the side, it shouldn't be a huge issue.
Squad
Yuun | Kyoko | Gantai | TimeTraveller | Demon

#rememberleak

OP
27-05-2018, 04:30 AM
Altoids Wrote:
That's not really something we can answer for you.
Video games have almost or completely ruined peoples' lives like my brother but it's also helped other people.
Games are a hobby, a very expensive hobby. If you're having fun then is it really a waste of time? However if you're losing a lot of money and focus on your life, maybe it would be better to cut out games or at least play less.

Once you figure out your life and get a job where you can play a healthy amount of games on the side, it shouldn't be a huge issue.

This is easier said than done. I don't think I'll ever had the discipline to sit and play 2 games then be done for the day.

No. They're really a lot of fun to be quite honest. Smile

27-05-2018, 06:07 AM
BrokenFocus Wrote:
This is easier said than done. I don't think I'll ever had the discipline to sit and play 2 games then be done for the day.

It's something you have to work on. Unless you have people who can help you, you have to do it yourself.
Squad
Yuun | Kyoko | Gantai | TimeTraveller | Demon

#rememberleak

sometimes it will be a distraction
but if you can take control, it's ok

I always acknowledge that they're not worthwhile if you value time too much but.... I'm a teenager. All I have is time. I play video games because even though the time lost is never gonna come back, i enjoy it and don't have shit to do now.

At some point you just have to grow up and set aside theese videogames.. unless your makin money playing then keep playing till u cant play no more Wink

But seriously u have to get a job,girlfriend basicly a real life! Wink

No they are not a waste of time at all! I love them