Gaming Discussions

PC Games worth investing in ( I.E Hosting a Server for)

Submitted by xMegatron81, , Thread ID: 97965

Thread Closed

RE: Games worth investing in ( I.E Hosting a Server for)

OP
15-08-2018, 06:01 AM
LAMOW Wrote:
When I had a minecraft server back in 2014 it was surprisingly easy to have a dedicated playerbase. As long as you don't overdue with plug-ins and have a simplistic spawn, more than likely you'll get players who will stay.

Pretty sure MC's "mature" playerbase has moved on, doubt i'll be returning to that game.

U can try fivem gta5mp its quite popular atm its really fun.

18-08-2018, 09:32 PM
xMegatron81 Wrote:
Pretty sure MC's "mature" playerbase has moved on, doubt i'll be returning to that game.

If you hire a couple decently sized YouTuber to play and upload videos on your server you can actually get a decent dedicated playerbase. I used to to have a deal with a server owner where'd I'd get $15 per vid (3k avg views) and my 'fans' basically made up this dudes whole server. It had about 50 concurrent players and after I stopped uploading for him and went to a different server most of them came to the new server.

I would say minecraft could be a good choice of running a server for

Garry's Mod is pretty good to invest in, however it does require some amount of money to front and you gotta know what you're doing.

OP
19-08-2018, 12:42 AM
Gajeel Wrote:
If you hire a couple decently sized YouTuber to play and upload videos on your server you can actually get a decent dedicated playerbase. I used to to have a deal with a server owner where'd I'd get $15 per vid (3k avg views) and my 'fans' basically made up this dudes whole server. It had about 50 concurrent players and after I stopped uploading for him and went to a different server most of them came to the new server.

Advertising done wrong right there.

Like I said, the mature part of the Minecraft community probably doesn't exist anymore. I'm looking to build a community based on a game (but not entirely focused on). Not have fanboys/girls of some youtuber join my servers :/

Garry's Mod would be the only option presented so far, but sadly I failed last attempt I tried to run one.

Minecraft is the easiest as-long as you have money or the time to advertise it. And the servers are inexpensive to run.

20-08-2018, 10:57 PM
xMegatron81 Wrote:
Advertising done wrong right there.

Like I said, the mature part of the Minecraft community probably doesn't exist anymore. I'm looking to build a community based on a game (but not entirely focused on). Not have fanboys/girls of some youtuber join my servers :/

Garry's Mod would be the only option presented so far, but sadly I failed last attempt I tried to run one.

I mean it was good for me Tongue

But yeah I see what you're getting at. You might wanna look into an Arma 3 server. Servers with mods like Altis life (similar to DarkRP) do pretty well