Gaming Discussions

good pc but still low fps

Submitted by PepsiColaSprite, , Thread ID: 108050

Thread Closed
04-12-2018, 08:47 PM
https://i.imgur.com/jNtuXhM.png
idk why but in some games i have low fps

RE: good pc but still low fps

Make sure your games are actually using your GPU when they are running. I had the same issue when I bought my laptop because it was defaulting to integrated graphics instead of the GPU.

I don't necessarily remember how to check but I believe it's under device settings so check there.

OP
04-12-2018, 09:14 PM
NoodleCat Wrote:
Make sure your games are actually using your GPU when they are running. I had the same issue when I bought my laptop because it was defaulting to integrated graphics instead of the GPU.

I don't necessarily remember how to check but I believe it's under device settings so check there.

how can i check if its using my gpu i have the drivers and everything up to date

This post was last modified: 04-12-2018, 09:26 PM by lcdcbk
Check yourhdd with crystaldiskmark and see if there is anything wrong with read/write speeds. also look for bad sectors.
you can check the GPU usage with Hwmonitor or if you are in Windows 10on the Task Manager>Performance

OP
04-12-2018, 09:24 PM
lcdcbk Wrote:
Check yourhdd with crystaldiskmark and see if there is anything wrong with read/write speeds. also look for bad sectors.
you can check the GPU usage with Hwmonitor or if you are in Windows 10on the Task Manager>Performance

ok thanks will do letting you know if i have anything new

04-12-2018, 09:20 PM
PepsiColaSprite Wrote:
how can i check if its using my gpu i have the drivers and everything up to date

As the previous reply said you can check using the task manager.
Your PC should beusing it anyway considering it is an AMD Card. I've only ever had this issue with nVidia. Try poking around in the settings of the games that are getting the low FPS to see if there is anything that may be causing it. Make sure you don't have the graphics settings up too high, etc.

Do Benchmark tests and see if something is going wrong.