Gaming Discussions

play a game i developed

Submitted by sneakyfecker69, , Thread ID: 115550

Thread Closed
06-01-2019, 08:45 AM
ive been working on a game demo for a while ive got a fairly large team but i just cant seem to get much traction can you guys play it and tell me whats wrong with it so i can improve ithttps://gamejolt.com/games/ShadowQuest/356959

RE: play a game i developed

Seems to be a bit buggy on the main menu when I am trying to start the game

Computers are tools used to process data according to procedures that have been formulated. The word computer was originally used to describe the person whose work performed arithmetic calculations, with or without tools, but the meaning of this word was then transferred to the machine itself

If you don't mind me asking, what engine or framework did you use to make it?

going to use a passage of Lorem Ipsum, you need to be sure there isn't anything embarrassing hidden in the middle of text. All the Lorem Ipsum generators on the Internet tend to repeat predefined chunks as necessary, making this the first true generator on the Internet. It uses a dictionary of over 200 Latin words, combined with a

This post was last modified: 27-01-2019, 01:49 AM by 0de
I'll give it a shot, it seems cool and I can always use a breather from esports titles.

27-01-2019, 01:26 AM
0de Wrote:
I'll give it a shot, it seems cool and I can always use a breather from esports titles.

Alright, so I did play the game for a bit, and I couldn't finish the demo.

There are... some very bad misspellings in the dialogue but the thing that killed it for me were..
The freezes. The UI lags so incredibly much when it tries to accomplish anything.
I'd love if you could fix the UI and Dialogue up a bit for a 2.0 of the demo, I think it would be a pretty solid game.

The good stuff:
The sprites and graphics are very charming, and I love the scale of the open areas, it feels very satisfying to see so much of the world in one screen,
The voice-acting is pretty well-done for the most part, especially for an indie game in the demo stages.
The battles are, when not lagging to death, pretty interesting looking, almost final fantasy esq.
The musical score is pretty catchy and doesn't get annoying.
I like how the minor characters in town all say simple one-liners, but still have a bit of personality to them!

Overall, I think this'll be a great game when finished, and that a second, more technologically improved demo should be released!

OP
This post was last modified: 28-01-2019, 03:11 AM by sneakyfecker69
0de Wrote:

There are... some very bad misspellings in the dialogue but the thing that killed it for me were..
The freezes. The UI lags so incredibly much when it tries to accomplish anything.
I'd love if you could fix the UI and Dialogue up a bit for a 2.0 of the demo, I think it would be a pretty solid game.

The good stuff:
The sprites and graphics are very charming, and I love the scale of the open areas, it feels very satisfying to see so much of the world in one screen,
The voice-acting is pretty well-done for the most part, especially for an indie game in the demo stages.
The battles are, when not lagging to death, pretty interesting looking, almost final fantasy esq.
I like how the minor characters in town all say simple one-liners, but still have a bit of personality to them!

Overall, I think this'll be a great game when finished, and that a second, more technologically improved demo should be released!
lag? thatsodd ive had lots of people play it without lag, i might be able to boost fps for lower end machines eventually but the game is quite intense graphically

0de Wrote:

The good stuff:

lag? thatsodd ive had lots of people play it without lag, i might be able to boost fps for lower end machines eventually but the game is quite intense graphically

0de Wrote:

The good stuff:

it's simple but so nice, have so much quest's and its look a bit longer.
if you dont paste from other sources you do a good job

cool! I'll definitely check it out later when I have time

I'm also develping a game. To me it's really interesting to play =))