The Lounge

Have you ever written a speech?

Submitted by TheBlaze, , Thread ID: 120330

Thread Closed
05-02-2019, 12:50 PM
i'm all about humor and would probably add a good amount of stuff in there but what are some good tips you can offer?

RE: Have you ever written a speech?

Hey TheBlaze,

Never had a speech before. I'm also glad that I haven't had one.
I guess I would suck at it. Therefore, I'm unable to give you any tips
or so. Hope you'll get some tips!

Best regards,

Flogisch

Author: Flogisch
Date posted: 05/02/2019
Time posted: 12:01 CET (UTC +1)
Post number: No. 158
[Image: giphy.gif]

We had to write one in school and I turned out everyone's speech was shit

?? ?

I already wrote yes, to do in kkk university and really sucked! the best part is that it had a lot of alcohol and that was great!

No , but I have that in mind within this year I will.

I listen to Earl Nightengale's essay titled "The Strangest Secret" once a day for about 2 and a half years now. I have been paid to give the speech to high school kids during an assembly.
It was pretty fun and according to teachers the students were pretty moved by it.
https://soundcloud.com/nolenf/the-secret

I've written a few, actually. Had to write a few for a public speaking class as well.

You need to grab the attention of your audience right from the start. Do NOT start your speech by posing a question unless it is unique and incredibly though-provoking. Tons of people start their speeches with questions that are not all that great and instantly lose the attention of their audience.

If you have the option to use a presentation aid, you should absolutely take advantage of that. For example, you can use a Powerpoint to back your speech up. Do not use the powerpoint as a script/put a lot of words on it. It's called an aid for a reason. Your powerpoint should only add to your presentation.

Have everything you need to know memorized very well. If you memorize all of the material that you are talking about, you will be able to have your speech flow naturally without stumbling over your words, etc. If you don't know a lot about what you're speaking about, you shouldn't be speaking about it.

When writing your speech, start with a basic barebones outline. How are you going to get the attention of your audience? What are your main points? How will you transition between them? Where are you getting your facts/statistics from?

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or need any help hit me up!

I've written a few. hate writing them just as much as i hate public speaking eckk