Garry's Mod

Hosting a Server

Submitted by bubbajosh411, , Thread ID: 120948

Thread Closed
10-02-2019, 07:32 PM
It's been a long time since I had touched Gmod and I had used to be really big in running communities. Before I get back into playing and ATTEMPTING to start a community, what are your thoughts. Is it even worth it now? Is GMOD dead or is it still alive?

RE: Hosting a Server

gmod has 20k active players consistently right now, not as alive as it used to be but not dead

Yeah it's not as big as it used to be but some popular YouTubers still play it so it is still alive and probably worth looking into.

GMOD isn't dying anytime soon, so I fully recommend that you look into making a server. I recently opened a jb server.

? ? ... ?

literally majority of the gamemodes are dead. except darkrp and ttt

A lot of communities have already setup popular servers in game modes like TTT, DarkRP, MilitaryRP, Breach, and SCP RP ect.

If you're setting up a server you need to ask yourself what kind of server do you want, who are you targeting and how you want to run it.

You probably want to find a gamemode such as PrisonRP that have very little servers and you can easily make a server that competes with the other

no he's not dead and never dies, you can come back again.

it has 30k players always, so it isn't as "alive" as before, but you can try, if you make an innovative server you should be alright

GMod 12 was way better than gmod 13, it's full of bugs, exploits and crappy addons but now they are paid
==============
=Too edgy 4 u =
==============