The Lounge

Reasons to prefer Forums over Social Media?

Submitted by mr_steel, , Thread ID: 121574

Thread Closed
16-02-2019, 12:00 PM
What are your reasons to be active on forums vs Social Media?

1. Please list them below.
2. What are the pro and cons that you personally feel about both platforms?

Thanks,
Mr Steel
[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Reasons to prefer Forums over Social Media?

yes thats a clever one. Definitely prefer forums because they are much more high quality and related to an interest then general social media groups and all, full of ignorant idiots. Definitely go for forum spend ur time u learn so much from other people. Social media is social sheep.

Yes exactly I can't stand looking at the fb news feed it really is mind melting. Still use it for messenger tho :?<

Why not both? I use social media (mainly FB) for friends. There's a lot of people on the Internet however, and you can run across a different crowd on forums. You can join groups and stuff on FB, but I mainly use it for IRL friends. Both are good marketing platforms for what it's worth.

lets see how many lonely fegs vote for forums

jk, but definitely social media
certified faggotry inspector

I prefer forums but the problem is ppl are braindead and don't know what a forum is when I talk to them about it :D

I don't like social media that much because

1. It is great for spreading fake news
2. Everyone in my school uses it to stalk each other

21-02-2019, 01:58 PM
AC 130 Wrote:
I prefer forums but the problem is ppl are braindead and don't know what a forum is when I talk to them about it :D

I don't like social media that much because

1. It is great for spreading fake news
2. Everyone in my school uses it to stalk each other

I can vouch for that. You just have to filter people on forums out. Coming from a computer science major, I just try and stay away from computers as much as possible lol. The real social media is at a bar.

Used to be addicted and very active on Instagram, but it just got boring honestly, I only check it once or twice a day really...

Forums is more fun cuz its about the same subject youre occupied with.

I use Twitter the most, rarely use FB/Insta. Prefer forums, less shit. No posts about what you had for dinner, or whatever.
,,`,,,,`, Software Engineer ,,`,,,,`,

21-02-2019, 02:53 PM
null0r Wrote:
I use Twitter the most, rarely use FB/Insta. Prefer forums, less shit. No posts about what you had for dinner, or whatever.

What did you eat for dinner today? I ate pizza if u were interested enough to care Smile

Haha jking with ya. Anyways I prefeer Forums as stated above all those bullshit news and stuff on FB destroys everything. But as i got groups on there i check FB alot under a day. For the fun and see what my family/friends do and just having a laugh.

Forums is alot better as u learn something daily on a forum as there will always be people knowing more than myself in something!