Gaming Discussions

Is 30FPS Enough

Submitted by Fox, , Thread ID: 120683

Thread Closed

RE: Is 30FPS Enough

30 is just too low... even someone who isn't tech savvy would probably be able to tell that 30 fps is choppy. Then again, consoles have been 30 fps for a long time so... I guess to a lot of people it doesn't matter?

I mean it depends on what game you're playing but I wouldn't ever play a game if my FPS was 30

30 fps is good for some games, however whenever you can you should play on 60 fps. It provides a smooth experience and is better for first person shooter games due to reaction times.

30fps is acceptable if youre playing a slower pace game but anything FPS definitely benefits from 60fps+

Shooter-based games are best 50-80 FPS, racing games are best 40-50, and other things like flash games are fine at 30.
I'mlonely

08-02-2019, 05:16 PM
Fox Wrote:
In my opinion, while it is enough you cant really play without the buttery peanut butter smooth 60, 60 feels more natural and i cant imagine playing without it.

They are enough but 60 fps is better obviously.

Said by a guy who has been playing any game with 25 fps his entire life.

If your playing at 30 FPs, go play some minesweeper?

60+ FPS isn't really necessary, but you shouldn't notice much of a difference with 30 FPS.

30fps used to be enough back in teh day but now 60fps is the only way to go. but only whe n\ it is native 60fps and not post processing like what comes with tvs

I mean 30FPS is enough for certain games but if you're playing an "FPS" or other games that require more than 30FPS then it's not enough for those kinds of games.