Gaming Discussions

Are my pc specs good?

Submitted by DelverDTK, , Thread ID: 123872

Thread Closed
09-03-2019, 09:42 AM
So I've been wondering if my specs are good, I know i need an CPU upgrade for sure but take a look at this!
CPU: Intel Pentium G456E
GPU: GTX 1060 6gb
RAM: 4GBx2
PSU: 430W +80
MOBO: B250M-HDV

RE: Are my pc specs good?

intel pentium G456E? Never heard of that CPU unless you mean a G4560
Then no, your CPU is not the best but it's not the best - I'd say it's good for low-medium end gaming (Not to be confused with low end; low end // low-mid (low end with medium graphics) // low-high (Low end gaming, high graphics))

CPU isn't too bad, it's pretty decent if you're looking to play on medium game's and depending on the graphics for example; GTA is more CPU Heavy then GPU (From my experience with this) where as other games such as arma 3 would destroy because it's CPU/GPU.
It's all dependent on the game.
GPU is pretty decent, it's up there and it's not that old, I believe only 2 years? (Correct me if I'm wrong) and it can handle quite a big of games graphically as long as the CPU can uphold it's end.
RAM 4GBx2? Meaning two 4GB sticks or Two 2GB sticks ... Either way, RAM is really low and in this day and age with how game's are lately I'd say 16gb minium (I would say 8GB but it all depends on the games you play too and what you run in the background)
PSU: I'd definitely get up to a 650w at minimum, just so you have the power on spare just in case, but you want something that recycles power so something like a Gold+
Mobo: It's cheap, it's doing it's purpose for you CPU as intended but I can gurantee the OC support is really trash.

I'd reccomend the CPU/RAM/PSU/Mobo to be upgraded.

Reply with a budget and a over-budget (Example; $1,000 but IF needed then $1,200) and I'll put you together a list that I'd personally reccomend. (Also sure with what you're looking to do with your PC)
[Image: 2lnzmZm.gif]

The CPU is weird, GPU is pretty decent for 1080p. Ram is on the lower end but manageable, and PSU is enough for that combo.

If it's anything like G4560, it's not too good, but you can manage over 30 FPS, 60 in some titles.

The CPU Isnt really stromg and furureproof but the 1060 is (or rather was) a good mid-range 1080p Card.

You got a good configuration. I think your CPU is comparable with i3 7th gen
for 1080p maybe its good but watching a 4k movie how it is ?

The only thing that I would say is to increase your ram to a minimun of 8g... it is 2019

Your CPU is weird ram 8 gb? need minimum 16 .

its insane i got gt 630 with 8gb ram, but some games unplayable. wow man

You're not going to have the 60 fps in high quality which is sure but you can run the new games, it is a little more than average your configuration.