Gaming Discussions

ISP Warnings for cracked games..

Submitted by raging9, , Thread ID: 128359

Thread Closed
15-04-2019, 11:16 PM
This post was last modified: 15-04-2019, 11:17 PM by raging9
Quick question about downloading cracked games. My ISP emailed me warnings already for downloading torrents. I've since then installed a VPN and everything's been good but the downloads are soooo slow (I have really high specs, too). My question is, is VPN still required when downloading a game file from Mega.nz or Megaup.net? Would my ISP be able to trackthe download stillif the game file isn't a torrent? Thanks in advance for help.

RE: ISP Warnings for cracked games..

I don't know but I don't think downloading from Mega.nz will affect as long as Mega allows the download because ISPs use bots to patrol the torrent network which it would be kind of absurd to start moderating other cloud storage.

This post was last modified: 15-04-2019, 11:21 PM by Wraith
I have personally never had any issues when using mega (except their shitty limit)

If you want to torrent I would recommend a debrid or seedbox service, if you have the money to spare. I personally use Premiumize. (There are a lot of better options out there.)

You can use the service to download the file to their servers then direct download from there.

Best of luck fellow pirate. :sip:
[Image: dd2fc94e79b79148fc9b60e8bd4443e5-full.png]

OP
15-04-2019, 11:21 PM
Wraith Wrote:
I have personally never had any issues when using mega (except their shitty limit)

If you want to torrent I would recommend a debrid or seedbox service, if you have the money to spare. I personally use Premiumize. (There are a lot of better options out there.)

You can use the service to download the file to their servers then direct download from there.

Best of luck fellow pirate. :sip:

You've used Mega without VPN? I heard it also depends on your ISP, too. I have Xfinity.

15-04-2019, 11:53 PM
raging9 Wrote:
You've used Mega without VPN? I heard it also depends on your ISP, too. I have Xfinity.

I have Spectrum. I don't use a VPN for mega. You can still use one to be safer than sorry.

Your ISP mailed you about torrents, correct? You should be fine.

I don't think mega is tracked in the same way that torrents are.
[Image: dd2fc94e79b79148fc9b60e8bd4443e5-full.png]

i think you should be fine otherwise u will be fined heavily

I dont think filesharing sites are looked at the same as torrent sites, so its probably fine. It seems a lot harder to tell whats going on.

If you use vpn u should not been detected and its depends on country how hard they track illegal downloads..

15-04-2019, 11:16 PM
raging9 Wrote:
Quick question about downloading cracked games. My ISP emailed me warnings already for downloading torrents. I've since then installed a VPN and everything's been good but the downloads are soooo slow (I have really high specs, too). My question is, is VPN still required when downloading a game file from Mega.nz or Megaup.net? Would my ISP be able to trackthe download stillif the game file isn't a torrent? Thanks in advance for help.

Your ISP can thack this download, tho if you can, you should move to another ISP. If you cant then I recommend you to still use VPN. Maybe try to find some faster VPN.

Almost any download from sites like mega.nz is not traceable (or the ISP doesn't have qcsess to it) most of these downloads are encrypted as long as you stay with the recognizable ones