Gaming Discussions

ISP Warnings for cracked games..

Submitted by raging9, , Thread ID: 128359

Thread Closed

RE: ISP Warnings for cracked games..

IMO if someone is using torrents, they are inviting a 'we are watching you' e-mail from their ISP. There are other sources, sites etc to find similar software without uncle ISP snooping as much. Personally, I've downloaded GBs, possibly TB of data over the past four years of having my current IPS and they've left me alone.

Avoid Comcast/Xfinity like the plague imo as well if anyone is using it.

OP
24-04-2019, 06:08 AM
aimlessone Wrote:
IMO if someone is using torrents, they are inviting a 'we are watching you' e-mail from their ISP. There are other sources, sites etc to find similar software without uncle ISP snooping as much. Personally, I've downloaded GBs, possibly TB of data over the past four years of having my current IPS and they've left me alone.

What software are you talking about?

Absolutely use a VPN for torrenting unless you're in a country that just doesn't care. But be aware that not all VPN services are made equally. Some are disgustingly slow, whereas others will give you decent speeds. I'd say have a real good look around and do some research. Personally I'd warn you off nordvpn, as while it has lots of nodes to choose from, I've yet to find one that will let me download at even 10% capacity of my connection.

Also you want to look into the privacy policy of any VPN you get. Some will just give you up if a subpoena comes in for user info.

If you'd like a recommendation, I'd say PIA is pretty decent. I still only get about 50% of my possible speed, but that's a lot better than 10%. They also don't log any user data. If you happen to find a really good one, though, I'd love to hear about it.

As for direct downloads, check the site policies you're downloading from. I believe Mega doesn't track who downloads what, or at least doesn't comply with subpoenas for that kind of data. Other sites will gladly give you up. Again, just to be safe, VPN.

OP
This post was last modified: 27-04-2019, 03:21 PM by raging9
I tried Avast Secure Line VPN and it was soooo slow. So I got rid of it but now I have Betternet VPN. They don't save any logs, either but I have yet to try it. Will do soon tho and I'll post if its any good.

content is hidden please help me how unhidden it

SENTRY-MBA CONFIG | WORKING AS OF 7/24/2018 | ROBLOX CONFIG

OP
24-04-2019, 06:08 AM
aimlessone Wrote:

Yeah, trust me..Xfinity isn't my choice. I live with my brother and that's what he has. And I dont even watch cable, I just need the wifi.

I downloaded the Sims 4 with all DLC and perfectly fine downloading it but as soon as I ran the game with the crack, got an email warning from Comcast

OP
05-05-2019, 06:07 PM
impala174 Wrote:
I downloaded the Sims 4 with all DLC and perfectly fine downloading it but as soon as I ran the game with the crack, got an email warning from Comcast

Sometimes they come in late. Like I tried downloading 2 different games the other week and I didn't receive the emails until the next day. At least thats how they did me. Every other time they were on point with them...while I was downloading the torrents.

This is very interesting, i have never been emailed and i use BT. Weird.

OP
06-05-2019, 10:02 PM
GameKnighted Wrote:
This is very interesting, i have never been emailed and i use BT. Weird.

It depends on where you live and who your ISP is. I got Xfinity and they be on it