Gaming Discussions

Is Cloud Game Streaming Services the Future of Gaming?

Submitted by owladmin, , Thread ID: 129198

Thread Closed
25-04-2019, 06:36 AM
For one year now, I have testing the new streeming service of nvideo for gaming geforce now and it's amazing what they can already do. For someone with a Mac that are always restricted on the games sector this open a all new world of possibilities. With a great catalog of games and every month updating being able to play steam games, ubisoft, blizzard and many more.

I am curious to know your opinion regarding this topic and if you believe this is the future of gaming. Also share if you already try any service like this from liquidsky, geforce now or any other and your thoughts on it.

RE: Is Cloud Game Streaming Services the Future of Gaming?

I'm just wondering if NVIDIA will have enough rigs for the users if game streaming services becomes a huge thing.

Maybe yes. Have you heard about Stadia? It's a cloud gaming service by Google. It isn't launched but think will be a huge success.

I think it's a nice service for when you don't have the best computer and you really want to play some games.... But I still think that actually hardware is better

I would think so, most likely in the future, all you will have is a monitor, mouse, keyboard and some sort of device to communicate with a machine which is your computer. I would guess it would start taking over in maybe twenty or thirty years or even less, but we will see.

It have any future in Australia with the internet speeds we get here.

Definatley not, sometimes I just want to play offline and in airplane mode to save battery on my Switch.

It will be the future, service plans like netflix which library's of games, DRM so no more pirating because you don't run the games. Playable on nearly any device so low entry fee for non-gamers/ people that don't want to spend much money. Game streaming will be huge except for competitive games I think.