Website Construction

Nulled themes or scripts are secure?

Submitted by juxhin20, , Thread ID: 185205

Thread Closed
juxhin20
Level:
Credits:
30-10-2020, 06:24 PM
I want to know from your experiences if anyone have had any issue with nulled themes or scripts? thanks

RE: Nulled themes or scripts are secure?

pokedock999
Level:
Credits:
23-11-2020, 02:57 PM
From cybersec channels, one of the most favourite attack vector a couple of years ago was sharing infected wordpress plugins or nulled themes. This is an annoying fact, but you cannot trust 100% a nulled theme/plugin.

I've found this interesting article in the meanwhile, https://www.wpstuffs.com/detect-maliciou...s-plugins/, which indicates some checks you can do to see if the code looks like suspicious.
Of course, a base64 string is suspicious, check what is inside (maybe there is a redirect or a backdoor).
Also check the theme by uploading it into "virustotal.com": it's a free service that will scan the file among all the different anti-virus solution. For free. This i will suggest also for suspicious files in your computer. If you are more technologic, you can try to check also their md5 checksum, but will not analyse the content of the file.

in my experience, one time i've found an istitutional website with a jquery script that was tampered and contained 3 additional rows that will redirect to harmful websites. They can hide the script everywhere, be careful.

Trece
Level:
Credits:
22-12-2020, 12:10 AM
Hay que tener cuidado ya que algunos estn infectados (no todos) pero algunos si estn infectados.

Mt23
Novice
Supreme
Level:
Credits:
17-04-2021, 08:02 AM
Appreciate that link pokedock999; Informed me on some stuff that I def was not very aware of.

Uruz
Novice
Level:
Credits:
18-04-2021, 07:21 PM
Appreciate that link pokedock999; Informed me on some stuff that I def was not very aware of.