Graphics Discussion and Showcase

WorkFlow With After Effects & Other base editing software!

Submitted by Jaydenvisual, , Thread ID: 260005

Jaydenvisual
Lurker
Prime
Level:
Credits:
14-02-2023, 12:44 PM
I've gone back and forward between various editing software I currently use Final Cut Pro and I'm in love with how intuitive and quick it is to use.
I do freelance photo + video work but I'm a video editor at heart I want my skillset to be focused on that. I've been using after effects here and there for the last year or so and my best work has been created on there. I feel like I'm available to far more tools so I can let my creativity run wild. I hate premiere with a passion so I refused to use that program and I've seen people even switch to DaVinci too due to the amount of issues premiere has.

Long story short, for someone like me wanting to continue using AE to elevate my work what would be the best workflow? I'd love to use AE for transitions, 3D compositions, and other in-depth editing but would that mean I'd have to Color grade all my footage first render it out then take it to AE? I'm worried I'd lose quality. Would love to speak to someone that has this workflow sorted out and & i'm willing to pay for guidance/advice.

Many thanks!