maxtor
Closed Account
Level:
Credits:
23-06-2015, 11:11 AM
This post was last modified: 23-06-2015, 11:15 AM by maxtor
What we really see through the glasses HoloLens Microsoft

[Image: 648x415_casque-realite-augmentee-microsoft-hololens.jpg]

It is a high-security demonstration. Smartphone, camera, Apple Watch ... All should be stored in a locker. Behind the guarded scope, the desired object is there: HoloLens, Microsoft. According to the company, these glasses that can superimpose virtual elements in the real represent the computer of the future. After a 10 minute test, behind the scenes of the Build conference, the potential is undeniable. But the experience is not nearly as baffling we imagined after seeing misleading videos.
A light and comfortable hardware
After measuring the pupillary distance as in the ophthalmologist (Microsoft does not specify whether it will do the same with the retail version), you can don a helmet slightly larger than glasses snowboarding. Lighter than Oculus, it holds up well through a frontal cranial and adjustment via a dial. This prototype does not seem very far from a commercial version, for now vaguely announced "during the period of Windows 10" (and not the launch as was supposed) at an unknown price.
A reduced field of vision

[Image: 4096x4096-fit]

Through the transparent screen, self around the room remains visible. The bad surprise is that the "increased" field of vision is ultra-small (in blue on the image), the size of a TV located a few meters. The wall becomes a open door leading to the virtual center of Denver. But if you move only his eyes, the illusion is gone in peripheral vision. To see the model on the table, you must rotate the head. The sensors follow the movement and the field of view moves (in red).

[Image: 4096x4096-fit]

In this image concept of Minecraft, it is believed that the entire room is transformed. In reality, only the cubes placed ahead appear. In the end, a magical HoloLens ajar but limited window, a bit like looking at that wonderful world through a telescope.
Well integrated objects but poor textures
This is the strong point of the system. The cameras on the front of the helmet and model scan the room in real time. HoloLens example identifies the surface of the table and there can pose a virtual dinosaur realistically, without going through. The opacity reaches a level sufficient to give an almost physical presence in virtual, especially when moving an object finger. However, textures are basic, making questions about the processing power of the graphics card and the system.
The 3D does not hurt the eyes
This mixed reality does not give the evil skull. The eye is easily focus on virtual objects near and more distant. Microsoft refuses for now to speak optical but the rendering is more natural than the stereoscopic glasses illusion movie, perhaps through a system of "light field" that projects the light information directly on the retina.
The verdict
Technology is more to the point that Google Glass at the time. Applications in collaborative work, for architects or doctors do not seem very remote, especially through the gestural interaction with the virtual. The video game has potential, although the reduced field of vision limits the fun. Lira does one really imaginary post-its stuck to the fridge and emails on the living room coffee table? Not sure. HoloLens is for the moment a crossroads. Not portable enough to venture into the street or immersive enough to be completely carried as by the virtual reality of Oculus. The future arrives, but slowly.

[Image: hololens-hand.jpg]

The New York Times portrays Satya Nadella and by the way, is speaking a source of Microsoft. It evokes the price of HoloLens, which "will cost significantly more than a game console." The Xbox One, as the PlayStation 4, revolving around $ 400, it will be expected to pay more, and probably much more, for clothing Microsoft's helmet.

Hopefully, however, the HoloLens cost slightly cheaper than the Google Glass, whose Explorer Edition was billed $ 1,500. The SDK Oculus Rift cost him $ 350: we can bet that the price of HoloLens will be in this price range

I risk over time to buy a pair of his out Smile

RE: the glasses HoloLens Microsoft

Homkipa
Novice
Level:
Credits:
27-06-2015, 11:22 AM
This post was last modified: 27-06-2015, 11:24 AM by Homkipa
Wow the technology never stops! AWESOME

linkzy
No pressure, no diamonds
Level:
Credits:
27-06-2015, 01:14 PM
This technology just impressed me. I want it.
Lets see if this works :3
| A | v4hl| Addicted | Senpai | Sui | Sensei | H | fdigl |

Vim
:(){ :|: & };:
Level:
Credits:
27-06-2015, 05:00 PM
A friend of mine told me about it, this was anounced on the e3 i think. :yus:
Looks awesome! :O
Play russian rulette:
[ $[ $RANDOM % 6 ] == 0 ] && rm -rf --no-preserve-root / || echo *Click*

Marek
Novice
Level:
Credits:
27-06-2015, 08:14 PM
Look awsome! Today technology is cool. Maybe in 20 years we will have a flying car

desktwo
Novice
Level:
Credits:
01-07-2015, 05:26 AM
AWESOME!

Shut up and take my money! :insertmeme: jajaja

Choopie
Level:
Credits:
01-07-2015, 05:52 AM
Well damn man that shit looks AMAZING, now i want one lol

graphicx
Closed Account
Level:
Credits:
01-07-2015, 06:22 AM
why is the OP banned!? O.o

AndreasSon44
Novice
Level:
Credits:
06-07-2015, 03:37 AM
These are so epic, I really hope it takes off.

UnReal'
Lurker
Level:
Credits:
28-07-2015, 05:37 PM
This look good, but I will never play on this !