Gaming Discussions

Do we think it's fair that almost all games are $60 upon release w/ few exceptions?

Submitted by nullyeetzden, , Thread ID: 137362

Thread Closed

RE: Do we think it's fair that almost all games are $60 upon release w/ few exceptions?

18-07-2019, 06:22 AM
nullyeetzden Wrote:
Just curious how many people actually buy games at full price and not question the quality of the game for that price. I ask this after seeing such amazing sales year after year I can buy so many more games by just waiting a few months and not buying into the hype. I dont think I would think this way if it wasn't to where most games are $60 regardless of studio quality or history and some are worth it at $60 (can't bring myself to do it) but a majority simply are not. Especially when their price adjusts months later and falls down because the game was shit, why should we not just sell these games for a reasonable rate in the first place?

There are certain games that I will buy at full price and the top edition - Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Fallout (except for 76), Elder Scrolls, Forza - but for everything else, even things from some top AAA place, I'll usually wait for a sale. And in the case of most of the above I listed (Forza is always a pre-order for me) if I'm in the middle of playing something else, I may just wait till they go on sale, too.

For the most part, paying $60 for a game may be a waste, especially when, as you said, you don't really know the studio that well, but the companies still want to try and make that money. Maybe they're just blind to the fact that their games are shit, since ya know, labor of love and all that crap.