McDonalds Hhealthy?

Submitted by modzflux, , Thread ID: 58493

Thread Closed

RE: McDonalds Hhealthy?

apexcrypto
Level:
Credits:
31-08-2019, 11:03 AM
It's cheap for a reason - it has low nutritional value. You get what you pay for. If you eat it once in a while it won't do continued damage to your health, but it should be considered void of nutrition for your body. No fiber, no antioxidants, very little micronutrients, and very low quality. High in saturated fat, sodium, and sugar. And while I typically believe that high-sodium foods are just fine if you're a healthy person, a constant diet of high-sodium foods will typically lead to health issues.

If you want cheap, buy ingredients at a grocery store and make your own food. It's a lot cheaper than eating out. I bought a bag of 8 whole wheat buns on Friday for $2.99. Bought 2 pounds of grass-fed beef for $8 (at Sprouts). Bought a few veggies to top my burger, and a pound of green beans for 89 cents. Everything came to about $17 and is enough food for 8 burgers and 4 servings of green beans, though I'll need to buy more tomatoes for the burgers. And I already had condiments at home. Even still, $17 (plus maybe $5 for additional side veggies & tomatoes) for 8 dinners is pretty cheap and more nutritious than McD's.