Garry's Mod

Favorite addons

Submitted by ThatGuyXander, , Thread ID: 165713

Thread Closed

RE: Favorite addons

06-04-2020, 04:33 AM
YeooJohnny Wrote:
That's pretty cool, is it difficult creating vehicles?
And, CW 2.0 would be my favorite.

It isn't tooo difficult. It more depends on how long you have spent making mods like that. With Simfphys you can create vehicles pretty quickly just by copying another vehicles spawnlist file and changing the spawnlist name, model, and wheel model(s) as well as some positions for lights and exhaust/engine/seats ect.

You can also create a normal source engine vehicle and use that model with Simfphys Lua Base. Requires some extra QC and rigging knowledge as well as animating each wheel properly but it can give a nice suspension effect. I redo the spawnlist from scratch though and put a lot of time into tuning the vehicles as well as porting sounds for it.
Most of the vehicles I make have special abilities like jump, missles, boost, parachute, and just some extra fancy things that most Simfphys vehicles do not have. I even attempted to code a flying car but had to put it on hold due to time constraints.

I put a lot of time into stupid stuff like that. Its fun for me. It is easy to get into but so much more is possible if you put time into testing and experimenting with stuff.