How many genders are there ?

Submitted by BetterThanButts, , Thread ID: 126669

Thread Closed

RE: How many genders are there ?

Ulprus
Level:
Credits:
01-06-2020, 10:12 PM
I feel like a lot of people here have either forgotten language or chosen not to learn it. In general terms, "sex" refers to the biological differences between males and females, such as the genitalia and genetic differences. "Gender" is more difficult to define, and sexologist John Money introduced the terminological distinction between biological sex and gender as a role as early as 1955.

Since the word "sex" is also shortened for "sexual intercourse", we have been using "gender" in its place and it has become commonplace to associate "gender" and "sex" as the same thing.

To answer your question, I believe there are two sexes, male and female. Genders on the other hand, personally I believe it stems from our sex, and therefore also 2. I believe biologically we can only have a sticky-outy (A) or a going-iny (B). And with that, I would assume "if I have a sticky-outy, then my gender is male". If I was born with a penis but wanted to be a girl, I still wouldn't change my gender and would NEVER introduce a new one other than male or female.

That's just me, though.
[Image: b4BGseO.jpg]